• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nau (Eco Friendly Activewear and Outdoor Clothing)

tedbearz

Reaction score
Bought the blazing jacket . I was expecting a serious winter coat something comprably to a TNF down jacket in terms of warmth. It's more a low loft down sweater and hard shell in one. For the price I was expecting more.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
I like everything about it except that it doesn't have a zipper. I've tried on both of the striped colors, which look much better in person than in the pictures on their site. The Selectism pic I posted a few posts up is pretty good.

+1 on this. The down sweater is an awesome piece, and the lack of zipper makes it compress into a tiny ball--perfect for travel, camping, overnights, etc. Looks great on, too.

Originally Posted by tedbearz
Bought the blazing jacket . I was expecting a serious winter coat something comprably to a TNF down jacket in terms of warmth. It's more a low loft down sweater and hard shell in one. For the price I was expecting more.
Hmm. That IS a serious piece. Don't be fooled by perceived weight of down. Fill power and amount of it cannot be judged by how "heavy" a piece feels. TNF uses cheap down fill in most of their stuff 9not all), and as a result, you need way more of it to achieve any real warmth. Higher quality down (more loft) requires less actual down to achieve the same or higher warmth factor. While the Blazing may not be a substitute for a true expedition weight down piece, it can stand up to some serious weather, esp. when it's wet, thanks to the hard shell construction. YMMV, but materials and workmanship on Nau FAR exceeds 70+% of TNF's line, not to mention is immeasurably more stylish.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I like the design of my Nau blazing jacket form last season more than the one this season.

nau is very well designed and functional. my jacket has a ton of smart features = button down placket, elasticized cuffs, an inner glove pocket, external phone/ipod pocket with a headphone keeper strap, internal tightening straps, soft fleece on the collar parts that touch your face, etc etc

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Went to the NAU pop-up store in NYC to buy Spring today. Man, the upcoming styles are great. They have an absolutely killer jacket. Can't wait to get their stuff in-store.

And if you visit the NYC shop then there's an extra bonus: free Stumptown coffee. I had two cups and was a janky-walking wreck by the time I left. It's wonderfully strong.

Racove

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
I like the design of my Nau blazing jacket form last season more than the one this season.

nau is very well designed and functional. my jacket has a ton of smart features = button down placket, elasticized cuffs, an inner glove pocket, external phone/ipod pocket with a headphone keeper strap, internal tightening straps, soft fleece on the collar parts that touch your face, etc etc

I have the same item and absolutely love it. Much more than the current version. Its amazing how warm it is (I love the down filled hood), yet its never too hot like some of my other down items. How'd they do that?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I think it has to do with the fact that it warms the 'trapped' air?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Went to the NAU pop-up store in NYC to buy Spring today. Man, the upcoming styles are great. They have an absolutely killer jacket. Can't wait to get their stuff in-store.

Is it the Lightbeam jacket?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Is it the Lightbeam jacket?
No, it was this one:
4195637395_96ebf2d3e2_o.jpg
Not sure what the exact model name is. It comes in a dark grey color which is more versatile than the one here. It's got a great fit and is technical and water-resistant. I like it because it heads more into the Bedford/Upland jacket direction, but is still original and very much represents Nau's take on a more classic style. One of the best Spring jackets that I've seen.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I could.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads