• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
ballers show their balls

I have some pants that show a bulge, but they don't do the awkward folding. I just feel like I'm on the cover of "sticky fingers". Not for everyday wear I guess...

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Zissou - I enjoy what you wear and how you carry yourself. However, I've noticed that in your last two or three fits the top of the fit doesn't balance - physically - with the bottom. Meaning, your top half looks small/short when compared with your bottom half. If this is your build, then that is fine and there's not much you can physically change. So perhaps you could look into longer jackets that help move the midline down a bit, making you appear more balanced.
I like the juxtaposition. edit: now i cant stop imagining zissou in ysl cropped blazers and wide legged flared pants and my brain is breaking down

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Pants don't fit you, makes your package look awkward. Maybe have them altered so you have more space, it's probably too tight on the "ass" end making everything squished.

Actually if anything it's the opposite... I swear
smile.gif
I will not post an ass pic but it is definitely not too snug. The material is pretty stiff still and I think it just needs wearing and washing to break in and whatnot. On the other hand, you may be right and I could be full of ****.

Edit: Here's a less nutty pic for your viewing pleasure.

img0521gp.jpg

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
Nothin?

This Forum get's more and more marsupialed, Fuuma and SQ4U post some of the best *********** last couple of pages and get lambasted for slim fits and alternative silhouettes and no one cares to tell this guy how bad he looks!

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Cuz we were all waiting for you to set things straight! Seriously I haven't seen a good Rye GB rant lately, what is this the kinder gentler you??
laugh.gif

I wasn't a huge fan of sq4u's but Fuuma definitely rocked his **** nicely.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
waywt.jpg
Michael By Michael koors H&M Levi's 501 Black STF Thrifted shoes

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
This Forum get's more and more marsupialed, Fuuma and SQ4U post some of the best *********** last couple of pages and get lambasted for slim fits and alternative silhouettes and no one cares to tell this guy how bad he looks!

It only gets marsupialed when people complain about specific members who suck and implying they represent the forum instead of posting pictures and contributing. What I'm saying is if you post more of your fits (which are great) and talk about peoples fits it will help guide discussion in the right way but if you just complain like this then it leads to those awful waste of time "_____ was better in the old days" discussions, even if theres truth to it. Anyways post more fits dude step up be a man.

Fuuma silouhette owned really hard though, crazy good. I want a sweater like that SO BAD now but I aint balla so I might go get an xxxxl thrift sweater and attack it with a sewing machine as a project

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zissou - I enjoy what you wear and how you carry yourself. However, I've noticed that in your last two or three fits the top of the fit doesn't balance - physically - with the bottom. Meaning, your top half looks small/short when compared with your bottom half. If this is your build, then that is fine and there's not much you can physically change. So perhaps you could look into longer jackets that help move the midline down a bit, making you appear more balanced.
I know what you mean. That jacket, as well as my CPO shirt, could use another inch or so in body length. Being tall and thin, I'm often caught between sizes on things like that. The smaller size fits me perfectly, but might be a little short, but the larger size is long enough but too big everywhere else. So, I usually opt for the smaller size, especially since I am wearing this stuff in a very casual non-MC situation. I tried the next size up in that jacket and it looked all frumpy and gross. The sleeves on the jacket and shirt are a perfect length, so I just deal with it. Also, EG shirts tend to be cut high on the sides, exacerbating the shorter look.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of jeans is that that the gentleman playing guitar is wearing?! Any ideas?

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I know what you mean. That jacket, as well as my CPO shirt, could use another inch or so in body length. Being tall and thin, I'm often caught between sizes on things like that. The smaller size fits me perfectly, but might be a little short, but the larger size is long enough but too big everywhere else. So, I usually opt for the smaller size, especially since I am wearing this stuff in a very casual non-MC situation. I tried the next size up in that jacket and it looked all frumpy and gross. The sleeves on the jacket and shirt are a perfect length, so I just deal with it. Also, EG shirts tend to be cut high on the sides, exacerbating the shorter look.

Please change nothing! Twiddling about with length would, I think, ruin that shape.

naaaaate

Reaction score

I think the trousers might have worked if they were actually wider and cropped but this might only work in my head. As they are they're a bit in no mans land shapewise. if they tapered at the bottom at a very sharp angle (like they start tapering very near the foot) maybe i dunno. my ideas are dumb sometimes so this might be a bunch of bad advice.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

I see. While I know the SW&D crowd is a little different and the clothing they wear will appear in different situations than the MC crowd, I feel like you could benefit from a bit of tailoring. Perhaps buying a size larger for the length (if the shoulders are OK, since those are hard/expensive to fix) and then tailoring the garment in at the waist and up in the arms? Just some thoughts to perfect your look, nothing personal or with pressure. Keep up the good stuff - you are consistently very good.

DrPat

Reaction score
Home for Christmas.

Ironheart Melton Wool Shirt/Jacket
Zissou's MTM Chambray
Crate vs. Farinelli
RM Williams Turnout Claret

zis_iron_final.jpg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice shirts, DrPat!
smile.gif
They both fit very well.
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Please change nothing! Twiddling about with length would, I think, ruin that shape.
Ok, then I won't
smile.gif
Originally Posted by naaaaate
I think the trousers might have worked if they were actually wider and cropped but this might only work in my head. As they are they're a bit in no mans land shapewise. if they tapered at the bottom at a very sharp angle (like they start tapering very near the foot) maybe i dunno. my ideas are dumb sometimes so this might be a bunch of bad advice.
LOL. The pants need to be worn more often, so maybe they'll have a little more character.
I see. While I know the SW&D crowd is a little different and the clothing they wear will appear in different situations than the MC crowd, I feel like you could benefit from a bit of tailoring. Perhaps buying a size larger for the length (if the shoulders are OK, since those are hard/expensive to fix) and then tailoring the garment in at the waist and up in the arms? Just some thoughts to perfect your look, nothing personal or with pressure. Keep up the good stuff - you are consistently very good.
thanks, man. I've tried to do this even just with shirts, with not so great results mostly due to the fact that I can't find a decent tailor. For most things like shirts, I just go MTM these days.

shaftoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrPat
Home for Christmas.

Ironheart Melton Wool Shirt/Jacket
Zissou's MTM Chambray
Crate vs. Farinelli
RM Williams Turnout Claret

That looks really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads