• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow......saw it in imax...craziest movie ever.

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In a good or bad way? I'm still on the fence about whether or not it's worth it.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
IMO it looks kinda stupid from the commercials
confused.gif
maybe you can tell me what was so good about it and then I can decide.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Horrible/Good.

The Good - the visual world is amazing, in my younger days I would see the movie again in an altered state.

The Horrible - once it gets into the thick of the ...."plot", the movie is awful. Every stupid cliche you can think of. It has a (well-publicized) liberal slant, but even the most ardent liberal will find the movie just mind-numbingly stupid. It's like a brain-damaged Ward Churchill wrote the script.. I walked out at around the 1:45 mark because I (and everyone else in the theater) knew how it would end and I wanted to get home.

It's funny - as bad as the plot/dialogue/acting etc... is, I'd still recommend people see it. The special effects are incredible.

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fern Gully in space. Got it.

Invicta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Helix
Fern Gully in space. Got it.

Holy **** yes! That is exactly it.

Saw it at the midnight showing, probably not worth it. Definitely not worth it considering the lack of sleep I'm now feeling. Good special effects and visuals but it's not going to win any Oscars. Reading up on the technology involved has mad me think that it's basically a 2 hour 45 minute demo for Cameron's new camera tech. It does set a new standard as far as integrating CGI and live action, expect to see it used in the next Transformers movie.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Invicta
Holy **** yes! That is exactly it.

Saw it at the midnight showing, probably not worth it. Definitely not worth it considering the lack of sleep I'm now feeling. Good special effects and visuals but it's not going to win any Oscars. Reading up on the technology involved has mad me think that it's basically a 2 hour 45 minute demo for Cameron's new camera tech. It does set a new standard as far as integrating CGI and live action, expect to see it used in the next Transformers movie.

Given how terrible the last one was, I was kinda hoping they would stop there.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the plot was just as dumb as any other hollywood film, but the graphics were absolutely insane. the night time scenes etc are incredible.

UpperWestie

Reaction score
Worth the price of admission. Entertaining. Great effects. Enjoyable. For better or worse, lives up to everything you would expect in a big budget flick.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my brother works for EA and his wroked rented out a theaterto watch it today. He said it was really good and that I should go watch it.
Now he has me wondering.

btlaxripper

Reaction score
It's more like Pochohantas in space.

It was very entertaining, but you do have to let your mind go and be able to wade through the plot once it starts getting tired. Also there is an obviously preachy message underlying the whole thing, but didn't bother me too much.

You are basically going to see this to get lost in a special effects orgasm. It was unreal, the best CGI I have seen to date. The water, reflections, lighting, textures, it was jaw dropping.

Also it had some pretty cool futuristic **** in it that me go "I want one of those"

Polemarch

Reaction score
I loved it. Made me want to hug a tree (this is coming from someone who owns firearms).

humza

Reaction score
It was visually incredible. I now know why they spent so much on it. I thought it was worth every penny.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I loved the movie.

It reminded me of when I saw Star Wars for the first time. Really changed my expectations of what a movie could be. It just ups the bar for creativity and visual effects.

It was very immersive. What an amazing vision Cameron created. Beautiful.

Reminded me a lot of Dances With Wolves, or The Last Samurai.

This is why I go to the movies. Best entertainment I've seen since the Lord of the Rings.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads