• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

thomasec

Reaction score
Can someone please help me find this in a XS?
p1_731734.jpg

cl smooth

Reaction score
so is there gonna be an APC winter sale tomorrow or friday???

kidkorea

Reaction score
These are starting to get lighter and lighter..love it.

Picture012-3.jpg

Picture013-2.jpg

Repair on inside leg

Picture014-7.jpg

krylon80

Reaction score
is it possible in general to avoid "knee boobs" with premium denim, such as APC, etc.?

that is one of the chief reasons i'm looking to make the switch to some raw, prem denim.

is this a futile fight?

Francis91

Reaction score
Originally Posted by krylon80
is it possible in general to avoid "knee boobs" with premium denim, such as APC, etc.?

that is one of the chief reasons i'm looking to make the switch to some raw, prem denim.

is this a futile fight?

Embrace them. The only to avoid them is to never sit down.

krylon80

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Francis91
Embrace them. The only to avoid them is to never sit down.

it's difficult to embrace something that looks so awful when you stand up. i see plenty of people w/o hard core knee boobs. just thought they had better jeans.

Gunboat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slickmick
are some NS's differently cut now or something?

I recently bought a pair of NS in tagged size 31. Here is what I measured when they arrived, which is a little different from what I've seen at vendor websites, esp. Farinelli:

Waist: 17"
Front rise: 10.75"
Rear rise: 13.5"
Thigh: 12"
Knee: 9"
Hem: 8"

Noochie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Just a heads up for you bigger thigh guys! I called Detour today...I kopped a pair of NS size 29 with 11.5" thighs at the crotch and a 30.5" waist!!! That is crazy, as I measured another pair of NS same size a couple months ago, it was like 10.75".......

With a true waist of 32 (hips get up to 34) would these stretch out to what i want? the extra thigh room is intriguing.

steezin

Reaction score
Edit- Wondering is anyone knows why new cures do not have a selvedge line, if its due to their extreme taper, then how come other companies produce similar fitting jeans which do have it visible..?

DesignerValet

Reaction score
Question: I recently purchased a pair of sz. 34 Rescues which originally bordered on too tight. Now that they've stretched out and I've lost roughly 10lbs, I need a smaller size. Does a 32 Rescue equate to about a 33 NS in fit? Or is the NS slimmer than the Rescue by a wide margin?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DesignerValet
Question: I recently purchased a pair of sz. 34 Rescues which originally bordered on too tight. Now that they've stretched out and I've lost roughly 10lbs, I need a smaller size. Does a 32 Rescue equate to about a 33 NS in fit? Or is the NS slimmer than the Rescue by a wide margin?

I would say size down 1 or 2 from ur NS size for Rescue, and btw I have a pair of sz. 31 Rescues for sale right now

escarole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kidkorea
These are starting to get lighter and lighter..love it.

Picture012-3.jpg

Picture013-2.jpg

Repair on inside leg

any tips on how to get a fade like this besides the obvious? i have a pair that i wore for like 6 mos. straight and washed a bunch of times and they're still really dark. patience? run track in them?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't wash your jeans "a bunch of times" in the first 6 months.

escarole

Reaction score
i didnt wash them at all. but since they were broken in pretty nicely i've been trying to wash them fairly often to soften them up. they're just not fading.

jake8078

Reaction score
Rinse or not to Rinse?

Hi All,

I just pulled the trigger on my first pair of APC NS's. I've completely new to unwashed denim, and I've read pages and pages of this thread only to find conflicting information.

Some said give them a rinse when you first get them. Other said don't. What should I really do, and why or why not?

I'm going to try to wait at least 6 months for the first actual wash, as that seems to be unanimous.

Also, the consensus seems to be that they fit well if it's difficult to button the top button the first time you put them on. Is that pretty much the case?

THANKS!
Jake

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads