• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
I really like the way those look... how do you avoid the weird bunching in the front of the leg? My jeans seem to really bunch around the knee and all up the shin it bothers the hell out of me... I cuff em to what my inseam should be and they sort of rise up a bit and the knee and shin look a lil funny to me. I can pull them back down but they dont wanna stay. Not only that but the calves seem to poof out on the sides a bit and i havent even had them hemmed (has happened to me w hemmed jeans)
Are you referring to the SL or ST cut? The pair pictured above is the SL, which I find looks better cuffed or hemmed to length. I tried stacking with them, but it just doesn't work with how full the cut is through the legs. I've worn them cuffed almost since day one, and this is how they have settled.

If you're talking about the ST, the first lot(s?) of them were slightly bootcut in some sizes, not by much but it's noticeable. Is this what you mean by the calves "poof"ing out?

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
^did those stretch a lot or did you buy them big? i like how they faded but looks like a little too big or something
Stretching was minimal on these, maybe 0.5" max in all dimensions, but they shrink back with each wash (obviously they stretch back out with wear). This pair is sized down 2 (32" true waist wearing tagged 30); however, these are from lot 001 which were cut slightly fuller through the thighs than that later lots. They also look bigger in those photos because it only shows the lower half of my body and my legs are pretty short. This is a better representation of how they fit:

img0449s.jpg
img0451zrd.jpg

They aren't the slimmest fitting jean, but they are easily the most comfortable and versatile pair I own. I've worn them for everything from working on my car to nights out on the town. I was planning on starting a new pair of denim once these hit the 1 year mark, but it's going to be tough putting these away as my "go-to" jeans.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no your right these new pics are better.

it must have been the angle, etc. i like those ... no need for EVERY pair to be skin tight. nice fades!

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow I need to throw up fit pics of my 210s, they deserve that much. My favorite article of clothing I have currently, but the black coating is coming off too fast for me.
frown.gif

hbornste

Reaction score
to those who have purchased the jeans: would you say the construction quality is on par with more expensive Japanese brands? Thanks.

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
They're better than a pair of AW jeans, i know that much.

aaahahahaha. kiya ftw.

crisp24

Reaction score
Hi, I'm about to purchase a 3sixteen double wrap leather bracelet but wanted to ask about sizing. My wrist measures 6.75" with the tape wrapped tightly around. Should i go for the small 16.5" size or 17.2" size if I am looking to purchase the SE version?

I don't want the bracelet to be too loose, but I'm not sure if I should account for thickness of the leather. Can anyone currently with a bracelet comment?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ernestchi
Hi, I'm about to purchase a 3sixteen double wrap leather bracelet but wanted to ask about sizing. My wrist measures 6.75" with the tape wrapped tightly around. Should i go for the small 16.5" size or 17.2" size if I am looking to purchase the SE version?

I don't want the bracelet to be too loose, but I'm not sure if I should account for thickness of the leather. Can anyone currently with a bracelet comment?

If you want it to be snug (and will stretch a hair once it softens up) then go with the Small.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i heard somewhere about a 3sixteen holiday sale. any word on this?
reallllly wanting that duffel coat.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, follow up to the abominable pics a page or two ago. I sized down one from the ST-210 34 to 33. Waist feels good, but that's without stretching. Crotch is a bit too big, and wonky.Also there's a white line circling around the right half of the top block. Looks like it could be chalk or something.
SDC12245.jpg
SDC12254.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads