• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

brunning

Reaction score
Recommend some boots for me:

I like the look of the PS Ricard - lace-up, streamlined and simple look, toe shape, slightly distressed look, but I need something more durable - I have several pair of PS shoes and boots, and I go through the soles too fast with all the walking I do.

I don't need (or want) a big, gnarly redwing sole, but something more durable than PS is in order.

I also wouldn't mind it if the boot was a little higher and more weathered looking, but i'm not even totally sure what i'l getting at there.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
W+H boots look just like Butteros, except that they are bent. go with whichever is cheaper on sale

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
JV Chukka
jv_chu10.jpg

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RFX- How many pairs of boots do you own? You seem like you are posting a new pair ever other day.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brunning
Recommend some boots for me: I like the look of the PS Ricard - lace-up, streamlined and simple look, toe shape, slightly distressed look, but I need something more durable - I have several pair of PS shoes and boots, and I go through the soles too fast with all the walking I do. I don't need (or want) a big, gnarly redwing sole, but something more durable than PS is in order. I also wouldn't mind it if the boot was a little higher and more weathered looking, but i'm not even totally sure what i'l getting at there.
You realize that you can get rubber soles placed over the leather and even leather resoling costs about $25? Unless you plan on switching to rubber soles or getting double leather soles you aren't going to see any significant gains from one company to the next in terms of how long the soles last. Saying that a shoe/boot isn't durable because the soles wear down is marsupialed, like saying a car is **** because the tires wore down after you slammed on the brakes PS: RFX maybe you should invest in taps lol

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who makes some nice penny loafers?

dragonxking

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
who makes some nice penny loafers?

Alden makes a really really nice penny loafer in cordovan.
I don't own a pair, but with my budget, I picked up some Bass Weejuns, which aren't bad for loafing around

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
JV Chukka
jv_chu10.jpg

how you liking those ? I almost picked some up they were marked down quite a bit, but the brown seems really dark which I need to stop buying...

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am really loving those JV boots and it is one of the boots I get the most compliment on.
Originally Posted by KitAkira
PS: RFX maybe you should invest in taps lol
It does have taps, you could kind of see it in the pic too.
smile.gif
Originally Posted by Caveat
RFX- How many pairs of boots do you own? You seem like you are posting a new pair ever other day.
Oh, their not new, just sharing new pics of them being worn.
laugh.gif

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my sneakers
Picture099-2.jpg

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
^ nice collection. what are they ?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
how you liking those ? I almost picked some up they were marked down quite a bit, but the brown seems really dark which I need to stop buying...

I have them as well, and like them quite a bit. My pair has a fairly nice patina, and for whatever reason the leather seems a slightly better than my other JV shoes. Comfort wise, they wear just like other JV shoes. The stitching at the apron is a bit crappy though, and is unraveling slightly where the two sides meet. Luckily it's on the inside of the heel, so it's not very noticable.

I'm not sure I'd pay retail for them, but with a slight discount I think they are worth buying. I think they have a good shape, decent leather, are comfortable, and look good with jeans or khakis. They are pretty good shoes all around imo.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
^ nice collection. what are they ?

Thanks.
left : Vintage Walk Over
middle : Alden Plain Toe Flex Boot II
right : BB Peal

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads