• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another car poll: G37 vs. 335i

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
to be fair they both have the crappy aluminum coloured plastic. I agree that the 335 is better than the 37, but I wouldn't base my opinion on interiors. The BMW interior isn't all that nice

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
I'm confused. They're about the same price.
Um? G37 = 35K 335 with std. options (sport, premium, ipod, nav) = 50K

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
to be fair they both have the crappy aluminum coloured plastic. I agree that the 335 is better than the 37, but I wouldn't base my opinion on interiors. The BMW interior isn't all that nice

The trim in the BMW is real aluminum, although prone to scratching.

I disagree on being that "nice." I feel the current E92 interior is a true achievement -- a perfect example of driver centric minimalism combined with quality materials, good ergonomics, and elegant design.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
The trim in the BMW is real aluminum, although prone to scratching.

I disagree on being that "nice." I feel the current E92 interior is a true achievement -- a perfect example of driver centric minimalism combined with quality materials, good ergonomics, and elegant design.

I haven't driven one....yet....so I can't comment on the ergonomics. I'm usually the type that opts for wood trim, but maybe I should just shut up because my favorite audi has a similar interior. lol
laugh.gif

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I drive a BMW but if given the choice between G37 and 335 I'd choose the G37 and use the money saved to throw on some suspension and rims.
laugh.gif

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Um? G37 = 35K 335 with std. options (sport, premium, ipod, nav) = 50K
I'm talking about a coupe. G37=45k 335=50K Pretty negligible when you factor in a BMW-name-premium. And, as I've said before -- I've been in a bare-bones 328 (maybe a 325, I don't remember) and thought the interior was downright cheap-looking and feeling, whereas a mostly-loaded G37x I was in had a much nicer interior. But maybe the 335 interior is much nicer than the 325/8?

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about a coupe.

G37=45k
335=50K

Pretty negligible when you factor in a BMW-name-premium.

And, as I've said before -- I've been in a bare-bones 328 (maybe a 325, I don't remember) and thought the interior was downright cheap-looking and feeling, whereas a mostly-loaded G37x I was in had a much nicer interior. But maybe the 335 interior is much nicer than the 325/8?

Holy crap. You are correct. I just priced one up to 47K. Wow, who would be that stupid?

Yes, you can get a base 328 with the faux leather -- leatherette -- which is not very nice.

Pictures above do not lie.

AlSailor

Reaction score

G37 feels like a cheap toy compared to the 3. The interior is flashy, plastic-y, cheap and just downright ugly. The car is noisy and attracts too much attention with its factory fart can.

The 335 is far more attractive, does not have the guido-esque styling of the G, is more comfortable, is faster, handles better, and is just all around a much finer and refined automobile.

I disagree with most of your characterization of G37.

BankerBoi

Reaction score

I see the G37 as a cheap substitute for those that cannot afford a BMW. I do not see why a rational person would buy one for any other reason besides the price differential.

See my .sig . CPO e46 if a new 335 is too spendy.

epb

Reaction score
Holy crap. You are correct. I just priced one up to 47K. Wow, who would be that stupid?

Yes, you can get a base 328 with the faux leather -- leatherette -- which is not very nice.

Pictures above do not lie.

I'm on my third Bimmer in 5 years, so I like them, but a buddy has a G37 and they're quite nice, imo. Then again, I think the BMW "leatherette" is great - feels nice and, like Mercedes-Benz's "Tex" - looks good for decades with minimal care. I was browsing some E30s recently and all of the vinyl interiors look great, while the leather is cracked, split, or frazzled.

As an aside - the "AMEX Dailywish" on Thursday is a 328i for $16k. There are only 3 at that price, but if you're already shopping it's worth a shot...

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
I'm on my third Bimmer in 5 years, so I like them, but a buddy has a G37 and they're quite nice, imo. Then again, I think the BMW "leatherette" is great - feels nice and, like Mercedes-Benz's "Tex" - looks good for decades with minimal care. I was browsing some E30s recently and all of the vinyl interiors look great, while the leather is cracked, split, or frazzled.

I should temper my comments and say that the G37 is a nice car. Compared to say, a Honda Accord, it is certainly a step up. However, when compared to a 335i my previous comments certainly apply.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leasing. Downpayment is a gift and I'll be making the lease payments.
Things may be different in Canada, but in US there is usually no financial benefit to put a down payment on a lease unless there a specific manufacturer sponsored promotion that requires one. In some states in US BMW allows you to put down multiple security deposits to lower your lease interest rate (aka "the money factor"). You get the deposit back at the end of the lease, minus excessive wear and tear, and your monthly payments are lower.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
Things may be different in Canada, but in US there is usually no financial benefit to put a down payment on a lease unless there a specific manufacturer sponsored promotion that requires one.

The financial benefit is that I can afford $400-500/month payments and not $800-1000/month payments. And like I said, the downpayment is a gift.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics