• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saddest thing

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JonHecht
Am I the only person who isn't remotely saddened by this story. Maybe it's my annoyance at the fact that we treat other animals like absolute garbage, and only treat the cute ones well. >_>

Yes, you are.

sjd

Reaction score
Am I the only person who isn't remotely saddened by this story. Maybe it's my annoyance at the fact that we treat other animals like absolute garbage, and only treat the cute ones well. >_>

What? Garbage? Do you mean by eating them?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Exactly how would it bring justice to the world if this one were treated like garbage as well? Would it have brought an ugly animal back to life if he had ignored this animal's suffering?

HelloIDistance

Reaction score

You're very strange.

Pawz

Reaction score
View Post
Am I the only person who isn't remotely saddened by this story. Maybe it's my annoyance at the fact that we treat other animals like absolute garbage, and only treat the cute ones well.

I rescued a possum once (had a broken jaw and couldn't close its mouth properly - vet saved it). It was ugly as Hell, too.

Most animals are cute, and the ones which are not are so ugly, they are. =^.^=

This isn't a sad story, anyway - Rudy was rescued and will live.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Korben
trying to post a picture that i email to my self from my phone of the little bugger.. but i am about computer illiterate

Rudy

I hope this works. It is just from my phone and only of his face.. the rest is still a mess and shaved... I am excited to get him back still don't know when it will be hopefully early next week. He already has several cat toy waiting on him. I tried to get the actual photo to post in the message but I couldn't get it to work.

YOU SAVED KITLER

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I mean that I am not sad as a matter of acculturation, because I am so used to, say, factory farming and mass slaughter.

you are a weird ******* kid

Sherman90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Korben
So I was on my way to work this morning driving my normal path and I come to a red light. A car had hit a kitten and the poor thing was trying to move with two legs.. The other two both on the same side had been crushed.. Its raining and cold and just a miserable day. I am sitting there in a new suit, warm car and gloves. I just couldn't take it... (this is one of the major streets in my city). I flip on my flashers get out of the car go to the middle of the intersection and pick the little thing up. Not a car moves... I get back in, put the little guy in the passenger seat (its making the worst sounds I have ever heard). Luckily my son had left his gym bag in the back and towel was hanging out, so I wrapped him up. Pulled a U turn in the intersection and went to the animal hospital a few blocks away. Long story short a ruined suit, two missed morning meetings, and about $2,000 in vet bills so far, I have a new little cat I'm gonna call.... Rudy. The little thing lost one leg completely but the vet salvaged the other. I thought they would just put it down but they asked me if I wanted them to try and save it and well I couldn't say no. He is resting at the hospital for now and they told me in 2 weeks I may be able to bring him home.

And to top it all off I am allergic to cats, starting allergy shots.

What a kind-hearted gentleman. Kudos to you. I'm sure you two will develop a wonderful bond.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Add me to the list. It's a cat. I think it'd be more fitting to tear up every time I see the obituaries. At least I have a species in common with them.

Then again, this is a culture of people that talk with their mouths full of hamburger but can't stand to see a cow slaughtered.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My point exactly. Be ******* consistent, people. You should all be bloody vegans, if you really feel this way. I am, but it doesn't mean that I am going to cry every time go to the store and see a turkey sandwich.

go away

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Then again, this is a culture of people that talk with their mouths full of hamburger but can't stand to see a cow slaughtered.

LOL.

True story: Some years back a young woman was jogging on a trail somewhere in northern california. She was stalked and killed by a mother mountain lion. The woman also was a mother. They tracked down the female mountain lion and shot it dead. Both cubs and human children were left motherless.

The story became national news. The donations from those concerned about the welfare of the mountain lion cubs exceeded by a factor of 20 those received by the human children.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
LOL.

True story: Some years back a young woman was jogging on a trail somewhere in northern california. She was stalked and killed by a mother mountain lion. The woman also was a mother. They tracked down the female mountain lion and shot it dead. Both cubs and human children were left motherless.

The story became national news. The donations from those concerned about the welfare of the mountain lion cubs exceeded by a factor of 20 those received by the human children.

the mountain lions were there first. i'm sure i'll get called a dick for saying that but it's true

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics