• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does Anyone Want To Talk About Style Anymore?

Razeus

Reaction score
I think people here are more worried about wearing "expensive" or expensive looking things, than style, fit, or color coordination. I can point to the what are you wearing thread and see numberous people who simply over do it.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_timothy
Still, it beats most of the threads lately.

Except for the exotica photo threads, like the move closer thread or NOBD's new uses for a suit threads- those are winners.
Actually, both of those threads are NOBDs threads, aren't they?

Feel free to start better threads. I'll be anxiously looking forward to them.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razeus
I think people here are more worried about wearing "expensive" or expensive looking things, than style, fit, or color coordination. I can point to the what are you wearing thread and see numberous people who simply over do it.

I think that is more of a symptom of learning by doing mixed with exhibitionism more than it is their motivation. It simply is the easiest way to do the wearing of clothes better, buying better clothes.

It is a lot harder to do good looking, SF approved photos with low end clothes. Not many even try, because of the usually intrinsic loveliness of higher end clothing, where artisianship kicks in.

Originally Posted by gdl
Feel free to start better threads.
I'm just a critic; I'll let the artists do the actual performing.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pejsek
These days everytime I glance at MC it's all I can do to navigate away before I fall asleep.
I wish it were not so ... but I've felt this way for some time.

And then today ... this thread caught my attention. Maybe that should tell me something. I've really got nothing left to offer here. It's time for something more exciting.

As you noted in the op ... it's all been said. Even many of the regulars have wondered off into CE and other such forums ... to have debates/arguments that obviously seem more important to them.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
You know it's a slow day on SF when a thread on whether one can wear a flannel with a cardigan gets replies.

I tried posting something more stimulating, and it was religated to the Dumb thread section, despite five stars when posted originally and many positive and interesting replies.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=153517

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was, of course, doomed to failure but the sheer kamikaze chutzpah of it was admirable.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still, it beats most of the threads lately.

Except for the exotica photo threads, like the move closer thread or NOBD's new uses for a suit threads- those are winners.
Actually, both of those threads are NOBDs threads, aren't they?

Yes, and thank you. There must be about five people now that like the Move Closer thread.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think the time has come for heterosexual style on StyleForvm.

Who's going to post first?

- B

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

- B

Are you talking about us noobs who have lived without access to anything more stylish than a howling wolf t-**** and the latest over-sized hockey jersey? Seriously, right now I see you guys as the masters... then again some of the things I've seen posters dress in make me cringe, luckily I am not part of a social circle that finds it acceptable to be dressed that way.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta say, if I free associate with heterosexuality I'm not likely to come up with howling wolf t-shirts.
rimshot.gif

Mr T

Reaction score
I would like someone to sponsor another contest like we had a year or two ago. Having said that, I am too lazy to sponsor it myself and will not participate either.

Sometimes I surf random older threads when it seems the forum has left the track. Lately I have been doing that more and more.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

I think it should be someone gay ... heterosexual good taste is totally dependent upon homosexual input. Without homosexuals ... culture -- at least in America -- would have amounted to little more than Hew-Haw and a beach vollyball team named Yo Baby, Yo Baby, Yo.

Civi

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr T
I would like someone to sponsor another contest like we had a year or two ago.
And what might that have been? ... for those of us who weren't here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads