• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belstaff waxed jackets: Roadmaster vs Redford

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
^ u go any tighter on that jacket and it will start look ridiculous.
that's pretty much how i wear mine. maybe if u were REALLY cold u could tighten the belt one more notch.

i just noticed the guy in the pic has it on notch 1. i normally wear mine on notch 2 to get the same look.

zeroize

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
^ u go any tighter on that jacket and it will start look ridiculous.
that's pretty much how i wear mine. maybe if u were REALLY cold u could tighten the belt one more notch.

i just noticed the guy in the pic has it on notch 1. i normally wear mine on notch 2 to get the same look.

This is how the owner's son (and creative director) wears it. Is this a Roadmaster?

610x.jpg

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
the wearer's top left pocket appears to be angled, making me think that may be the Che Guevara or Trialmaster models. Who knows. if its the owners son i'm sure he got it own custom edition.

it could be a derivation of any of these:
jcrew_belstaff_icon_racing_jacket.jpg
belstaff_legend_front2.jpg
veste-pour-hommes-che-guevara-belstaff_173.jpg

heprof

Reaction score
Looks like the son is wearing the 'Legend' model, which Will Smith wore in the movie. This one tends to be a little longer, and does not have the Bellstaff logo or the union jack on the front top pockets.

Mine is the 'Che' version, which has an angled pocket but is not quite as waxy as the 'Legend' and uses a material called Millerain:

Bellstaff_1.jpg

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two Barbour jackets, but I always prefered the Belstaff models, which I could never find on sale :-(

I received an email today announcing the sales at MatchesFashion.com. They have a few Belstaff jackets on sale, not exactly the ones you are looking for.
http://www.matchesfashion.com/fcp/ca...atitle_keyword

Best deal the 'Brad' in leather Was £968.00 Now £488.00
bel-v-brad_nvy_2.jpg

Parka Was £608.00 Now £398.00
bel-w-710779-parkerd_gre_1.jpg

Short jacket (?) Was £338.00 Now £238.00
bel-w-711518-newrace_dkg_1.jpg

VikingsFan82

Reaction score
I agree that Belstaff's are ugly. I don't care if Steve McQueen loved his.

The leather one look very S&Mish/Gothic. Or straight out of "The Matrix" (not in a good way)

The front pockets and waist belt are atrocious. And the collar strap. Way over-designed.

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VikingsFan82
...Way over-designed.

Purpose designed, not over-designed. they're made to keep you dry and they do. that's what all the gadgets are for. Like them or not, they work.

Beetleything

Reaction score
NEITHER!!!

Your all a buncha pussies.

The original was a Barbour International -- that's the one to get!!

VikingsFan82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave
Purpose designed, not over-designed. they're made to keep you dry and they do. that's what all the gadgets are for. Like them or not, they work.

What purpose does the belt, neck buckle, and 4 huge pockets serve the average person? They look terrible and serve a minimal purpose

I'm sure they keep you dry, but their water resistant quality has nothing to do with my statement

dave

Reaction score
What purpose does the belt, neck buckle, and 4 huge pockets serve the average person? They look terrible and serve a minimal purpose

I'm sure they keep you dry, but their water resistant quality has nothing to do with my statement

your blanket statement was that it is overdesigned. that is false. the belt holds the jacket tight to your body for both warmth and so it doesn't get hung up on stray limbs when riding. Even if you're not riding, you will still want the jacket close to you to keep you warm.

The pockets hold a myriad of things like maps, water, small tools etc. when riding but could easily hold car keys wallets and cell phones in everyday wear. and the throat latch will close the collar in the cold. you ever get cold? I do.

If you don't like it that's a subjective matter of opinion. the fact that they all work as designed is not. If you can't figure out how to use the parts then don't buy one. simple. just don't **** on people who can.

VikingsFan82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave
your blanket statement was that it is overdesigned. that is false. the belt holds the jacket tight to your body for both warmth and so it doesn't get hung up on stray limbs when riding. Even if you're not riding, you will still want the jacket close to you to keep you warm. The pockets hold a myriad of things like maps, water, small tools etc. when riding but could easily hold car keys wallets and cell phones in everyday wear. and the throat latch will close the collar in the cold. you ever get cold? I do. If you don't like it that's a subjective matter of opinion. the fact that they all work as designed is not. If you can't figure out how to use the parts then don't buy one. simple. just don't **** on people who can.
Over-designed for the AVERAGE PERSON, not a motorcycle rider who needs a lot of space for personal items on his body. Belt? Sorry, I think a trimmer cut jacket (Belstaff's are bulky) in a thick material WITHOUT a belt would do a better job at keeping you warm. The reason the Belstaff needs a belt is because its bulk doesn't trap air very well. Average people don't need 4 pockets either. They're fugly, so there's no real benefit. Yes, I'm sure the construction is great, but the jackets are ugly.

Racing Green

Reaction score
the jackets are ugly.

Word of advice, don't ever go to Italy. The amount of people there dressed 'ugly' would only distress you.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
i dont think this guy will ever buy a jacket

gawkrodger

Reaction score
I'm a big Belstaff fan.

I've actually owned both jackets in the OP and I'd recommend the Redford. It's slightly different and surprisingly warm. Definetly not a jacket for summer!

Here's a WAYWT post of me wearing it. I'm 5ft 10", 68kgs and wearing a small

P1040403.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics