• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Part of being a miserable **** is rejoicing in the misfortune of others.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
FUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuu--
Three weeks ago today, I got a parking ticket. I went into work and was only supposed to be there for 15-30 minutes, so I parked in the 3-hour parking lot. Well everyone was in the ***** that day so I stuck around to help. 5 hours later, I forgot I was in 3 hour parking and I had a $35 ticket. No big deal, only $35, and it was my fault for not moving my car.
Cue to today, get in my car to go buy some groceries, realize that I still haven't paid the damn ticket. Today is the exact day is was due. So I drive over to the police station and tell them I want to pay my ticket. The officer on dispatch says "That should have come with a return envelope attached. You need to write us a check and mail that in. We can't accept it in person."

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

So now I don't know if I'm going to be penalized or anything b/c it will get to them late obviously. I mean, it's my own dumbass fault for A) not moving my car and B) Waiting so long to pay it, but it's still frustrating that they can't take my money in person. FUUU

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my dog chewed through the strap of my new ogio backpack. I loved this thing. Now I am debating about getting another of the same one, or getting the northface one I always wanted. FRIG. I get more bent out of shape about stuff getting lost, stolen or damaged then any sane, somewhat employed person should.

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something is fucked up in gMail and I have to wait 24 hours for a password reset to fix it
ffffuuuu.gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
This is frightening. This happened to me about a month ago, and it terrified me. I was walking down the stairs with a shotgun in my hand fumbling for light switches. Once I finally got the lights on I realized the absurdity of actually thinking I'm going to get the jump on a burglar. I'm holding the shot gun with one hand, I don't have my eyes adjusted to darkness, the burglar would, and I'm silhouetted with the light from the stairwell..

Phew. That would really suck. I have a friend who also has a shotgun and he said he nearly shot his wife once in a similar scenario. She had run downstairs for some reason and he was at the top of the stairs with the shotgun pointed down, she scared the bejesus out of him when she appeared. Best to have good practices established for this routine.

I knew it had to be nothing, but there were two shootings within two blocks of our house in the past month, including one fatality just 200 yards from our back door. Also, my gf always eggs on the fear with her own paranoia, which is driven by the fact that she lived in Gainesville when the Gainesville killer was on the rampage - and killed a sleeping couple across the hall and one door down from her apartment.

Fortunately, I just had the can of mace she always keeps next to the bed (again, thanks to Gainesville) and I knew nobody I cared about was downstairs. The other tip off is that the dogs weren't going nuts, which they would have been had they sensed someone not right in the house.

joegrec

Reaction score
People that work for a major technology company that have never used a computer before.

I'm here to fix your computer not teach you how to use it.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joegrec
People that work for a major technology company that have never used a computer before.

I'm here to fix your computer not teach you how to use it.

Hahaha.

This reminds me of an old episode from my dot-com days. Appropriate around now because it was about this same time of year. It must have been Christmas 2000. I worked for a web advertising technology company, a Doubleclick competitor. Back then, we were a serious name, but we were going through some re-orgs and mergers and they were bringing in some new managers, most of whom just didn't have a clue. Ad targeting was just starting to become a big deal, and there were nascent privacy concerns, etc.

This woman came in to introduce herself as our new group director, though she worked out of another office. With a few minutes to kill before her talk, she engaged a few of us informally, asking if we were done with our Christmas shopping. Of course, many of us had bought gifts online, and we said so. She said "Oh, you do that? I am kind of afraid to buy things on the Internet. I worry about security, and if those companies are keeping tabs on what I'm buying."

Uhhh, maybe you're in the wrong industry, lady.

Needless to say, we crashed and burned.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^And she went on from there to head an obscure, but important office for the State of Florida.
smile.gif

nickelcobalt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by joegrec
...I'm here to fix your computer not teach you how to use it.

Ditto. I work in tech services at my college and the worst people are the ones who have no basic comprehension of what I'm telling them. It's frustrating to go through every single little detail with them.

+1 to Finals. 2 down, 3 to go.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got a text that our (my wife and mine) friend is being thrown out of her house by her abusive husband and mother-in-law because she "didn't fry the rice the way he wanted her to".

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
marsupialed people parking on the street and then later complaining about how the snowplow truck buried their car.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
Just got a text that our (my wife and mine) friend is being thrown out of her house by her abusive husband and mother-in-law because she "didn't fry the rice the way he wanted her to".
on the brightside: at least your friend is out of that situation.... for her own sake she shouldn't go back. now her husband and his mom can continue their romance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads