• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snorky
FIHTies- Unfortunately due to the press we recieved. Begg has informed my wife that the sale of these goods on ebay compromises their market and have withdrawn from selling to her.
To those people who purchased a scarf, you got a bargain, To all those ill informed people have a nice xmas maybe you should check your facts before killing an opportunity for someone to purchase a quality item at a reasonable price and stop a very small business opportunity from developing.
Finally, thanks to those few people who offered a few kind words.

My wife remains upset by the whole business.

Snorky - this is very unfortunate, and you and your wife have my sympathies. All of you stone throwers should feel ashamed... Merry christmas!
plain.gif

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by academe
Snorky - this is very unfortunate, and you and your wife have my sympathies. All of you stone throwers should feel ashamed... Merry christmas!
plain.gif

It is a shame, really. But it is legitimate to ask the original manufacturer of goods about the authenticity of a product. Let's be honest.
I was in doubt and I waited for the responses on this thread. Now that is has been clarified they sell the real thing I do feel sorry for them and their business. Have a Merry Christmas.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure why some people on here are getting angry at some unidentified "stone-throwing" posters.

There were well-reasoned skeptics, and well-reasoned advocates. That's it.

I was one of the people who reasoned that they were unlikely to be fakes; other reasoned NOT that they were, but that they COULD be.

And why can't she sell elsewhere? She can go to the factory, purchase as many as she wants, and do whatever the hell she pleases.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am glad I took a leap of faith and bought one when the PSA was originally posted.
It's a shame how everything turned out though.....

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
And why can't she sell elsewhere? She can go to the factory, purchase as many as she wants, and do whatever the hell she pleases.

Really? Then you don't understand what the unfortunate ending is about, do you?

tor

Reaction score
Clearly this was an unfortunate event. It's regrettable that this woman was upset by this and that Begg has decided to be bastards about it. But honestly, can you blame the people on here for being suspicious? High quality goods at a very low price, a length that's unfamiliar to most, tags that don't seem to match with previously bought goods. You may say that they should have given the lady the benefit of the doubt, but giving someone the benefit of the doubt on eBay is almost never advisable. Like I said, it sucks that the whole thing got shut down because of this, but people were just being cautious buyers, and as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong with that. Enough people have gotten burned making online purchases either through eBay or on here that being overcautious is always better.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only thing(s) that went wrong here is someone linked the woman to this thread and possibly Begg to the ebay auction(s).

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure why some people on here are getting angry at some unidentified "stone-throwing" posters.

I was one of the people who reasoned that they were unlikely to be fakes; other reasoned NOT that they were, but that they COULD be.

I'm glad you have such a finely tuned moral compass and an equally finely tuned sense of compassion.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
The only thing(s) that went wrong here is someone linked the woman to this thread and possibly Begg to the ebay auction(s).

+1. I haven't read the entire thread, but how did Begg get word of this in the first place? They should have stayed out. And I don't think the seller should have been apprised of an internal discussion on SF. If potential purchasers want assurances of authenticity of the auction item, they e-mail the seller and can share here if necessary, these assurances do not require defense of the seller's business or goods via a public posting on SF of which the seller isn't even a member. SF can be ridiculous some times.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With respect to the stone-throwes, I was referring specifically to IndianBoyz and few others who kept stating they were fake, even though this wasn't clearly established. Perhaps he's been shamed into deleting his prior posts?

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
+1. I haven't read the entire thread, but how did Begg get word of this in the first place? They should have stayed out. And I don't think the seller should have been apprised of an internal discussion on SF. If potential purchasers want assurances of authenticity of the auction item, they e-mail the seller and can share here if necessary, these assurances do not require defense of the seller's business or goods via a public posting on SF of which the seller isn't even a member. SF can be ridiculous some times.

Begg was notified because FIH decide to weigh and contacted them directly, probably letting them know about the Ebay link.

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by academe
With respect to the stone-throwes, I was referring specifically to IndianBoyz and few others who kept stating they were fake, even though this wasn't clearly established. Perhaps he's been shamed into deleting his prior posts?

Yes you got me there for real. But I have not contacted the company so don't blame me for your loss.

Low Budget

Reaction score
Even though FIH's intentions were honest, telling about the seller etc. instead of merely displaying pictures of the scarves to his source, was unnecessary and a bit clumsy, in my eyes...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads