• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOW NOT TO PROMOTE YOURSELF: New clothing line Fuel Star is finally here!

ryannn

Reaction score
So I'm about to hop on over to the ToJ thread and tell you that I would like to see some graphic tees about success.

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
You should've called it "gasoline supernova."

i actually thought of pretty much this too, but then quickly streamlined it to ethanova (ethanol + supernova... not as obvious as gasoline, has a nice sound to it, plus the fact that ethanol is commonly made from corn make it more apropos)

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ryanmnguyen, you are blacklisted

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you really not bother to lurk the place you before you decided to post here?

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuel Star
What kind of forum is this? Whats the average age here and what are the favored brands here?
facepalm.gif
Maybe you should've answered these before posting.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuel Star
Hmm, let me guess...

Allow me to respond for you:

Scenario A:
You: Do you go to college?
Me: Yes
You: Good, Stay in it...Don't quit your day job.

Scenario B:
You: Do you go to college?
Me: No
You: Figures...

Something along those lines, right? You're really creative and funny. You're welcome

Nice attempt at being witty. Unfortunately you fail on both counts.

I was going to suggest taking a marketing class, or at least a design class but whatever floats your boat.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've never seen anything marked for such a horrible, ironic death

Rikkar501

Reaction score
Guys, why all the hate towards this guy? I think anyone would be proud of creating a new clothing line, especially one that isn't covered in 1,00 ******* skulls or logo's; something this forum abhors. There's no need to insult him or his t-shirts just because you think they are uninspiring or something. They will appeal to some, and the rest just don't need to buy them. Pretty ******* simple, yet such douchebaggery in this thread.....

ryannn

Reaction score
He replaced my beloved skulls with success.
ffffuuuu.gif

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why? Because his original post is basically spam. He spent no time researching the site. It doesn't matter if his ideas or designs are against the grain, at least have a little respect for the place and find its aesthetic. Could start by saying: "I know my designs aren't very SF-Approved but..." Yadda yadda trying to improve. That would be fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics