• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doctor

Reaction score
Mine was a bit excessive in the back when I bought it to, but after a couple goes in the washing machine, it's helped a lot. It's perfect, actually.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Man. I hope you still have some moleskins and flannels somewhere in the 29-31 range left...

Sure do! We're doing an e-mail newsletter and putting them online around noon.

Originally Posted by chronic
Mike, how wide are those tie bars? I have a 2" one but I've been looking for a 1.5" :/

Btw loving my Indy's. These boots rock!

Thank you sir! These are 2" long as well. Check Ebay for the really thin ones - I've gotten great stuff from there. Shriners tie bars - with the scimitar & fez - especially kick ass.

Originally Posted by bob_gnarly
you can do more darts?

A tailor can take the darts in further. As long as the shirt fits you properly in the shoulders, they should definitely be able to take volume out of the body.

PolePosition

Reaction score
What?? size 30 in the tan moleskin already sold out? geez, just got the email like a few minutes ago =(

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike, I got the news letter and the trousers look fantastic. Are these going to be a one time run or will there be restocks?

I'm thinking ahead because I am drooling over the charcoal wool pair but probably won't be looking to purchase until early to mid-Jan.

I've been buying it up lately and I want to replensh my funds a little bit.

Also when can we expect another swatch preview Tuesday? Those are my favorite.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike-
What size do you recommend if you are a true 32 waist?
Your measurements show the size 30 measuring a 31 and a size 32 measuring size 33.

Thanks.

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ditto on the TTS above--wondering if I should go for the 33 or 34.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PolePosition
What?? size 30 in the tan moleskin already sold out? geez, just got the email like a few minutes ago =(

Sorry man, it actually sold out in the store before it went online. Tan Moleskin was the runaway favorite. We'll definitely re-stock that. It might come a bit after the holidays. It's a great winter to Spring transition pant.

Originally Posted by justtemple
Hey Mike, I got the news letter and the trousers look fantastic. Are these going to be a one time run or will there be restocks?
I'm thinking ahead because I am drooling over the charcoal wool pair but probably won't be looking to purchase until early to mid-Jan.
I've been buying it up lately and I want to replensh my funds a little bit.
Also when can we expect another swatch preview Tuesday? Those are my favorite.

We'll definitely restock Tan Moleskin at least once and I'll work to keep Charcoal flannel in stock until late Spring. The flannel is a goddamn knockout in person! We should have it for you.

Originally Posted by edubs01
Hey Mike-
What size do you recommend if you are a true 32 waist?
Your measurements show the size 30 measuring a 31 and a size 32 measuring size 33.
Thanks.

Go with the 32. Traditionally, the true measurements of mens trousers should be 1 inch bigger than your actual waist. The double-curtain waistband is pretty thick. These pants run very true to size. You'd only need to size up if you've got really big thighs. Seeing them sell in the shop, I can say that they're exceptionally TTS. We nailed the fit with the first pair almost every time.

Originally Posted by PartagasIV
Ditto on the TTS above--wondering if I should go for the 33 or 34.

Ditto, go with the 33 - especially if you're getting the moleskin. Like our flannel shirts, the thicker fabric makes up a bit bigger.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Great job with these trousers. I was eagerly anticipating their release since you announced it and given that they're already selling like hotcakes, I can see why. The fit looks great..nice, slim, with good fabric. Perfect. I'll definately have an eye on these after the holidays. I'm tapped out for a while.

On another note, I'm wearing my black tartan flannel for the first time today and I must say this thing is baby's ass soft and looks killer with my streaky selvage RB 11's and my Indy's. I'll post some pics soon.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Mike,

Great job with these trousers. I was eagerly anticipating their release since you announced it and given that they're already selling like hotcakes, I can see why. The fit looks great..nice, slim, with good fabric. Perfect. I'll definately have an eye on these after the holidays. I'm tapped out for a while.

On another note, I'm wearing my black tartan flannel for the first time today and I must say this thing is baby's ass soft and looks killer with my streaky selvage RB 11's and my Indy's. I'll post some pics soon.

Thanks Anthony! And this is just the beginning - we'll have a ton of great new fabrics on the way. So, we're tackling the whole "great slim pant made in the USA at a good price" thing. Next Wednesday we'll do the same thing for raw selvedge denim.

And I'm really glad you dig the Black tartan. We sold our last piece in store yesterday. That was one of my favorite shirts.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And in case you didn't see it in the separate thread...

Hey guys,

In the last year and a half, we've put out a lot of products. Out of everything that we've made, I'm most proud of these pants.

I've always bemoaned the lack of quality trousers in the market at an affordable price. A level of construction and fabric above J.Crew & mass-market brands, but without the $300 price tag. Back in the days I was a buyer at Saks Fifth Avenue, and part of my job was to purchase their private label products for saks.com. I always loved the look and feel of their classic mens trousers, but the fit was enormous. So with that in mind, we set out this Spring to make what was missing - an ass-kicking and perfect-fitting slim pant with true old school construction.

We received these pants last Friday. Since then, I've sold 20 pairs - all here in my tiny Brooklyn shop. I've seen these fit wonderfully on a whole range of guys, and several customers told me that they were the best fitting trousers they've ever worn. Believe me, if you dig the style of these, you'll LOVE the fit. It's slim enough that it doesn't hang off skinny guys, and it's not too slim for guys with some muscle on their legs. If you can wear jeans like the KMW Rocker, KMW 2010, and APC New Standard, then these should be right on. We have a whole suite of measurements on the product detail page. And since every pant has a split waistband, you can tailor the waist and seat perfectly to your body.

Each pair is hand-assembled in New York City at a dedicated trouser house. They're more dressy than most of the pants discussed on here, but once you own them, you'll find more than enough occasions to break them out. Descriptions, measurements, and huge photos are available via our shop links. Hopefully you'll love them as much as we do! So without any further adieu:

Walt Slim Fit Pant Charcoal Wool Flannel: $185

4174701946_673e7a9e41.jpg

4176031537_ef9b714f34.jpg

Walt Slim Fit Pant Navy Moleskin: $165

4174711940_c02d0864c3.jpg

4176030877_465c0ea04f.jpg

Walt Slim Fit Pant Tan Moleskin: $165

4174001207_136505e5ea.jpg

4176031215_610902da7c.jpg

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you going to be making a plain black pant?
I desperately need a good pair.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, the pants look excellent. You're just kickin ass and chewin bubble gum these last few months, aren't you?

Question: the jacket I posted a few pages back...will that have a matching pair of pants? Because...wow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads