• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Parents only: what do you dress your kids in?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're talking <12 years old (or maybe even younger) here, where they still allow you to pick out what they wear.

Do they get the "fancy" children store stuff? High end shoes?

Mine gets hand-me-downs from each other.
Daily wear are from the designer Mr. Sam Walton himself (shoes included)
Sunday bests/church wear are from the likes of Zara, Ralph Lauren children, Jack & Jill

Night Owl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
We're talking <12 years old (or maybe even younger) here, where they still allow you to pick out what they wear.

Do they get the "fancy" children store stuff? High end shoes?

Mine gets hand-me-downs from each other.
Daily wear are from the designer Mr. Sam Walton himself (shoes included)
Sunday bests/church wear are from the likes of Zara, Ralph Lauren children, Jack & Jill

mine get rubinacci, i have mariano use
foo.gif
's pattern

ajv

Reaction score
For our daughter who's nine, there is nothing but every day, maybe an occasional exceptional dress from some high end designer (often a gift).
Usally Zara, RL, Tartine et Chocolat, some H &amp; M..........

Adrian

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
This topic has a special place in my heart (the non-blackened parts.)

My son is five, and thus far, his clothes have come from Miniman, Petit Bateau, Tea, Marie Chantal, Oilily, and Bonpoint. I also get basics from Mini Boden and Gap Kids. All his shoes come from Vincent.

Unfortunately, both the Oilily and Bonpoint stores closed in Boston.

How do I know this? I buy all his clothes. I really enjoy it.

His cousin (my wife's identical twin sister's son, so they might as well be brothers) is a year younger, and he wears all of my son's old clothes that aren't destroyed in wear. So, they all get used at least twice. My wife loves doing photo albums, and she does one devoted to the two kids every year. It's just very charming to see how the clothes go from one to the other as the year goes by.

Unfortunately, this means the my son is known as the best dressed child at school. But, it is the special role of parents to inflict cruelties on their children. This past fall, I usually picked him up, and we would play for about half an hour in the climbing structures and slides. It is quite a sight to see him running around in his Frenchy kids clothes and me flying out of the tube slides in my bespoke suits, Vass double soles first.

Sometimes? I'm on the monkey bars in Steed.

- B

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm also the one usually picking out the nice outfits for my girls.

Razeus

Reaction score
I'm also the one usually picking out the nice outfits for my girls.

...why context is important.

ajv

Reaction score
Same here, I love shopping with/for her.
Regarding the shoes she is mainly dressed in Pomme d'Api, because they make real shoes and not only sneaker or worse for a kids foot, running shoes. By having her wear proper shoes I hope she will keep tiny/narrow feet like her mom or me (relatively I mean) and not have some ugly duck feet, in order to be able to wear some Louboutin or the equivalent in about 15 years.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Here we're in line at the Science Museum in London to see an exhibit on his great great grandfather (the co-discoverer of the elements neon, xenon, and krypton...my son's name is a combination of his great great grandfather's name and mine...on my side of the family, six out of the last seven generations of men have had my name, so my son represents another useful intermission):

643026741_e2CxE-XL.jpg

My boy is in Miniman and Oilily, and he's holding hands with the daughter of our best friends.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
what are those shoes you are wearing??? And why are your pants so long

Prada monks. And those are emergency jeans/chinos that I picked up at Harrod's because one of our suitcases went missing for a couple days. I forget the brand...left them in London
laugh.gif

- B

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These higher end stuff that you put your kids in, do you find they last?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
If you are in NYC, Daffy's has a lot of great italian and french footwear and clothing for babies (<4 years old).

+1. I've bought a few presents for friend's newborns there. Some ridiculously nice things that maybe cost $20 or $30 a piece.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These higher end stuff that you put your kids in, do you find they last?

typically the kids grow out of it before the issue of durability comes into play. The jay kos stuff I mentioned, some of it is cashmere and it all looks like new as he has only worn it a few times and most already does not fit him anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics