• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Has anyone heard of working patches and whatnot for the new Zelda game in terms of roms? Patiently waiting for one but haven't seen anything yet. I know you can't play it as is yet

Do you really not have $30 right now?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Well, i bought an r6 and mini-sd card over a year ago. Why wouldn't i use it? I don't need to play the game right away anyways. Can easily wait a week or two but was just curious and figured i'd ask, as i know i'm not the only person on this forum with an r6 for their DS or something similar. Would rather spend $35 elsewhere if i don't need to. It'd be like having an amazon kindle with a free yearly subscription and paying for the book instead of taking advantage of the kindle (i don't really know how those things work tbh but you get the point) Reviews look positive for the new Zelda game though. Although i don't know how i'll feel about the train system yet. I really didn't enjoy the sailing aspect of windwaker and phantom hourglass. Seemed boring and cumbersome. While i understand link to the past's world was rather small (especially with the ocarina and bird), i like the sense of exploration rather than multiple set maps and just having to sail a repetitive ocean to get there. At least in Ocarina of time, the riding Epona everywhere was a bit annoying after awhile but the exploration of the world map was nicer and there were lots of secrets. Also, every month Dragon Quest IX is delayed eats at a little part of my soul
ffffuuuu.gif

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm having a lot of fun with Pixeljunk Shooter right now.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
I'm having a lot of fun with Pixeljunk Shooter right now.

Whoa, it's out already? That was fast...

Brian SD

Reaction score
Wish I had my PS3 in Japan (would need a TV too).

This whole country is going to have a raging boner next week when FF13 comes out and I won't be able to take part in the collective jerking off.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD

This whole country is going to have a raging boner next week when FF13 comes out and I won't be able to take part in the collective jerking off.

Being a contrarian in Japanese culture is a good thing.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Wish I had my PS3 in Japan (would need a TV too). This whole country is going to have a raging boner next week when FF13 comes out and I won't be able to take part in the collective jerking off.
Damn. I was hoping you'd be my insight into how the game was
frown.gif
I'll just wait patiently. Hopefully, i'll have the new zelda game to keep me busy for awhile. Hell, i'll probably have beaten ff13 by the time dragonquest ix actually is released WTF. Why did ign.com change their layout. It wasn't great before but it's sooooo awful now. I can't find anything and there are no easy to read tables for previews/reviews like their used to be. Everything is super cluttered with bigger font and more pictures to where it sucks to navigate. Where do you guys go for video game stuff online? I don't check every day but usually once every other week i check to see reviews of recent games, previews, and some other news.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^I really don't like any game sites, but Joystiq and Kotaku aren't too bad. Gamespot and Gametrailers are good for videos, previews etc.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Reviews look positive for the new Zelda game though. Although i don't know how i'll feel about the train system yet. I really didn't enjoy the sailing aspect of windwaker and phantom hourglass. Seemed boring and cumbersome. While i understand link to the past's world was rather small (especially with the ocarina and bird), i like the sense of exploration rather than multiple set maps and just having to sail a repetitive ocean to get there. At least in Ocarina of time, the riding Epona everywhere was a bit annoying after awhile but the exploration of the world map was nicer and there were lots of secrets.

OoT was the best Zelda game in every aspect of gameplay, but you're right, even riding Epona for days on end got boring. Hyrule Field was really boring at times.

Let me know if you do end up getting the new game and how you like it. I'd like to get it, but also don't want to shell out the $ for a crap game.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone play Lord of the Rings online? A new expansion has just come out. It's my first online game and I'm enjoyig it a lot, thankfully it's not so addictive I'm skipping sleep or work which was my main fear in trying the genre.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Famitsu didn't give it a perfect score. The shame! Obviously they weren't bribed enough

Looking forward to playing the NA version in March. Square has generally done a very good job with English voice acting, so it probably won't annoy me. What does annoy me is Leona Lewis, but maybe the song only plays during the ending scrolling credits or something.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Damn. I was hoping you'd be my insight into how the game was
frown.gif
I'll just wait patiently. Hopefully, i'll have the new zelda game to keep me busy for awhile. Hell, i'll probably have beaten ff13 by the time dragonquest ix actually is released

So I got a nice 1080p TV to play on, and I'm about 14 hours into Final Fantasy 13 right now. I really, really like it, but I often go into new games with no expectations and walk away pleased when they do something I like. If you're expecting it to be anything like previous Final Fantasy's, you'll be disappointed as it's a completely different experience. About the only thing similar is that it's absolutely top-notch audio/visually, and the storyline is melodramatic somethingsomething related to crystals. I understand about 98% of the story, even with my broken Japanese (pause button and J->ENG dictionary helps with this), and I really like the approach. So far it's the most cohesive and character-focused FF story line since... 6 or 7 maybe. The storyline isn't particularly unique and it has a lot of clichÃ
00a9.png
s from Japanese pop media, but the characters are likable and I especially like the way they interact with each other. The between-character interactions are the best of any FF to date (actually it's on par with 6 in that regard), and similarly to 6 , the pacing of the game is written so that you can see the relationships between all of the main characters develop. Theme-wise it's heavily focused on family. The plot itself isn't amazing, but it's what I wanted out of it and what I expected, and its easily made up for by the banter and dialogue between the characters and how their personalities develop. Combat is incredibly fast-paced, lots of fun, and there have been a number of difficult fights up to now where both strategy as well as proper timing is required to stay alive. It's not as automated as FF12's gambit system, you basically command your team to fulfill their specific roles, during fights. The actual abilities are chosen by the AI, except the leader character, who you can choose to control or let the AI pick your abilities. The AI doesn't **** around and do stupid ****, but you NEED to tell them what to do. Like if you have all your characters set on Attacker mode and someone's getting low, they aren't going to heal unless you switch them to healer. You basically set 6 different sets of roles for your group where each member (total 3) has one role (i.e. A) Phys. Offense/Mag. Offense/Mag. Offense B) Phys. Offense / Heals / Mag. Offense C) Off. Buffs/Defense/Heals D) Phys. Offense/Heals/Heals, E) Phys. Offense/ Defense / Mag. Offense). And you constantly are switching between the different sets of roles you have. Like you start the fight under the A roles, but then someone gets low so you switch to C to have one guy heal them up while your other two keep up your chain combos (which are really important), then if the enemy looks like he's charging up something deadly, switch to E so you can have your tank suck it up. If you really need to recover, switch to C, or maybe the enemy puts up his shield and physical attacks do little damage so you switch all your team to magic offense. A few bosses I died and re-arranged all my Optimas (role sets) several times until I found a strategy that brought success. I like it.

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KOTOR it is not but it gets somewhat fun around the middle. The story is really the best part. I kinda like that my character ended up being a ****** hero who fucked everything up with the best of intentions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads