• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadDJ

Reaction score
FUUUUUUUCK. Is there still a cardholder available? I def need to step up my game since I have one with a clear plastic ID thing on one side and 3 slots on the other. Still wresting with the cost right now sicne I've spent a lot more than I should've.

CRIMINAL MINDED

Reaction score
hey Drew, what's current turn around time for bombers at the moment?

I know it's kind of crazy right now.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
This thread (abd more so the sufu one) are like pure sport; it's more about watching me win and lose at this clothesmaking game that I entered like 6 months ago; I have a decent winning streak and the losses aren't in the papers so much because I fix them and learn.
redface.gif
. I do make waking up and checking the toj threads a habit just like smoking nowadays, since so much happens when I sleep. It is very fun, though, always.

Dis you are ****** the clothes game, humping it and our bank balances into submission **** you pull is so dope its almost illegal This thread delievers

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CRIMINAL MINDED
hey Drew, what's current turn around time for bombers at the moment?

I know it's kind of crazy right now.

I have this order of bombers in (thanks to Brad Pitt styling out the fur collared bomber so hard) so that run will take just a little bit more and then new orders will have an early january delivery. Unfortunately these leathers can only be made one or two per day because the cutter sewer teams are just a husband and wife usually and they need more time than a factory since they cut a unique pattern per order and sew it up; a lot of work.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is your wallet guy able to put out a decent amount per day? I have no idea how much time goes into making a wallet come to think of it.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
he works completely alone, so he doesnt make tons of wallets really. I think he can turn 2-3 a day.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
post_old.gif
40 minutes ago
clear.gif
dismalfuture # 4942 postwhore joined: May 2006 location: bringing food and steez to the victims posts: 8,678 rep power: 1784
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
icon1.gif
It's now Saturday over here; stuff opens up in like 5 or 6 hours. Got a little work to do and I can go bug the leather jacket shops to get the their work on. Insulated slim fit MA-1 sample should be ready by Monday, we're still undecided on fabrics and are just making the sample in a typical nylon, but we wanted to make sure the whole thing kinda fits together, tweak a pattern, etc. I'm making a cashmere/light quilt insulate CPO jacket (which will actually be insanely warm) and it should also be ready by early next week. Also not in finalized fabrics (we'll probably custom order some stuff for this one, I want something for it that isn't readily available) but just a mock-up... Just some winter options there while I work on the other stuff. "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ Temple of Jawnz Varsity team: don't drop your soap http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...d.php?t=153094
user_online.gif
post_old.gif
38 minutes ago
clear.gif
dismalfuture # 4943 postwhore joined: May 2006 location: bringing food and steez to the victims posts: 8,678 rep power: 1784
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
icon1.gif
Shirts are still on for Monday release. No hype machine here and no pressure, but I am personally wishing they go, because I plan to pour any money made off them into subsequent runs and see more colors. I want that white oxford too, gonna be my winter staple. Also, black oxford doesn't work for me, actually, I have a weird yellow-greyish skin tone half the time because I am sickly and always drinking and smoking.
redface.gif
White and blues look better on me. Works on a lot of other people though, and black oxford looks great with raw denim jeans. "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ Temple of Jawnz Varsity team: don't drop your soap http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...d.php?t=153094
user_online.gif
post_old.gif
25 minutes ago
clear.gif
dismalfuture # 4945 postwhore joined: May 2006 location: bringing food and steez to the victims posts: 8,678 rep power: 1784
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
icon1.gif
I have a shitload of stuff being made right now, basically every single thing I've gotten paid for, is in, fabrics and leathers bought, and now just a waiting game. The varsity guy has a bad habit of procrastinating and then whipping up a shitload and not telling us to he finishes every last one, and then brings me a huge bag of them. It's just a waiting game on those and leathers (which are very time consuming, 1-2 per day on a good day, but usually less... I don't know why they don't want to make more for me, I pay them a ton and they could make really good money from me if they worked faster....) In the meantime next week, I plan to seek out some new stuff and put into motion some new projects. Trousers will happen. I am looking into the possibility of a small handknit sweater series of like a simple cardi and a pullover, possibly, if the resources are there; I am cold and I want something to wear with my future brown fur-collar Bomber and oxford shirt. Not sure what else, but we also happen upon random opportunities as well sometimes, so I am hoping maybe something like that might happen next week. "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ Temple of Jawnz Varsity team: don't drop your soap http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...d.php?t=153094
user_online.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What's the chance of getting a suede bomber? What colors of suede are available?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
suede is always on the table, for now just black and brown to match our available zips but as with the other leather colors, suede can happen with matching zips in any color once I get all my zippers together (soon, like this upcoming week)

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So are grey moto's just like Brian's still available or no? and what is the price point if so?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yes, they are. I have a bunch of people who expressed interest in grey jackets and now my zippers are finally coming together, so those can become more regular now. They are the same $550 shipped as the black.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
yes, they are. I have a bunch of people who expressed interest in grey jackets and now my zippers are finally coming together, so those can become more regular now. They are the same $550 shipped as the black.

How long do you think you will keep making these? I've been off the forums for a while and I know you were talking about stopping leather production a while back.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
leathers will continue on for awhile, indefinitely perhaps. They're getting easier for us to make as time goes on, they're all consistent, we have a good price for labor that we don't want to stop on and then risk losing that allows for the good final price we can sell at, and the supplies are there for now. Also, it's one our best values/offerings, so it's hard to kill them. I still love every single leather that comes out of the shop, while I cringe when I see more varsity jackets, I am not sure why I am responding to them that way but maybe it has to do with the variety of designs, and the pure wow factor that the leathers have when you see them.

If I can ever scrounge the capital outlay I need, I might even finally start using Riri zippers or some very custom YKK's, possibly tune the designs a little more as time goes on, or maybe change it up even.

I got a bunch of work done today at the last hour, so we'll see that CPO jacket maybe Thursday or so. Peacoat before that hopefully, and the MA-1 and shirts before that, so we have a week of releases ahead of us here. Not great for the holidays since you guys have other expenses, but I know some of you guys are Asian and are gonna get that new year's money! haha. That stuff will exist for awhile as well so it'll be there until it's time to start making other stuff.

We'll probably make 3-4 more winter season type pieces between now and the end of January, then the clock will run out on us here when Chinese New Year's starts, this time around I have very low expectations of their work output during that time and I'm just gonna take it easy and start prepping early Spring stuff and get out of the gate a little faster that way; we've been late this whole time because I started like 3 months late, but next year we'll work early, and maybe even have F/W10 ready and perfectly tuned and dialed in by like August.

Related to that; now, and for a good while longer, we can continue to be slightly experimental, try new colors, take occasional special requests, and not have to hold ourselves to too many rigid boundaries or set color palettes, material stocks, etc. That is the beauty of the project at this level, most people can get what they want, within reason. Once we start wanting to ship to stores and stuff, we will start paring down and putting things into focus aesthetic and palette/textile wise; right now we're on the horizon and you can see us coming but can't quite make us out, but by next year and a good number of pieces down the road, we should be in good focus.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus ******* tity christ paypal is a *************. For some reason it made my confirmed home address my dorm room from last year instead of the the current residence I'm in now for NO REASON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads