• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Don't 'worship' just yet.

????
eh.gif

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
????
eh.gif

Meh. Just me being grumpy. I average two weeks from SE (That's SF and NY). That's not to fault SE at all.

Week for hem alterations, then week in transit. Wish I could reduce both, but it seems it's not to be. There are totally legit reasons for both, but I've been spoiled by the BiG 'hemmed and shipped day-of-order' and 2-day transit times.

Example: I recieved a 'ship' confirmation from SE NY within four days of order/hem (over the BF weekend too), but it took almost a week ship-time from NY to PA because the Postal Service was marsupialed and didn't pick up for a few days. SE did everything right. That shipping notice only means the carrier has been notified to pick item up, not that it's in transit.

ajchen

Reaction score
Gabby, here are your measurements on a size 36 IH 301s: The knee measurement 13 inches from the crotch: 8.75" Leg opening if you had them hemmed to 32: 8.25" Hope that helps!
Originally Posted by gabby11303
could somebody from self edge help?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
yo I kind of want to buy either a leather bracelet or one of those sterling key hooks when/if they restock.. someone help me
frown.gif

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
yo I kind of want to buy either a leather bracelet or one of those sterling key hooks when/if they restock.. someone help me
frown.gif

leather bracelet from what brand, we've got ones from Flat Head and 3sixteen in right now.

We have the key hooks from the Self Edge line in right now:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=503

We're getting these in on friday:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=453

We're getting the Flat Head ones on monday.

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kiya, you still wearing those RJB? show some pics, they need more love.

jays978

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wahwho11
kiya, you still wearing those RJB? show some pics, they need more love.

Seriously, they do. I'm wearing the slim straights right now and the sheen that it's giving off is ridiculous. The fading process is reminding of Flathead's 3XXX denim like the description on SE says. I don't even see RJB get it's own thread on SuFu...such a shame...maybe I should start one.?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kiya, I slept on the SEXIH07 jeans mostly for monetary reasons. Can you recommend something with a similar cut? The dimensions post-soak on a pair of 33s in the indigo sounded divine. I just didn't have the cash at the time to pull the trigger. Looking for something with a darker cast indigo, too.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
leather bracelet from what brand, we've got ones from Flat Head and 3sixteen in right now.

We have the key hooks from the Self Edge line in right now:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=503

We're getting these in on friday:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=453

We're getting the Flat Head ones on monday.

although I like the native american influence/turquoise in the first one, the second one is cheaper and way cooler

and flat head bracelet of course, who mixes brands?!

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jays978
Seriously, they do. I'm wearing the slim straights right now and the sheen that it's giving off is ridiculous. The fading process is reminding of Flathead's 3XXX denim like the description on SE says. I don't even see RJB get it's own thread on SuFu...such a shame...maybe I should start one.?

Real Japan Blues does have it's own there on Sufu:
http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...d.php?t=141502

it's also got one here somewhere..

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Tomorrow night, Friday December 11th, is the Mission Block Party..
At Self Edge San Francisco we'll be serving beers from 5pm till 10pm and offering 10% off everything in the store.

This offer is only for in-store SF customers, no phone orders or online orders.
See ya friday night!

MissionParty.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads