• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets talk about COFFEE

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want magic, damn it, not science.

The pouring groove?

CM-8%202006.jpg

lefty

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
bought some Stumptown Roasters in Portland. Costa Rican blend. Getting my coffee grinder today and will french press tomorrow!

Originally Posted by themaskedcorndog
Hardly anything better than Stumptown. Getting drinks in the cafe is outrageously pleasant. Those brown cups in which they serve the drinks are gorgeous.

went to the NYC Stumptown this past weekend. Best coffee I've had outside of Italy so far, simply awesome.

mr. magoo

Reaction score
KONA.

So smooth and rich it's like a cross between hot chocolate and coffee. I find Blue Mountain poor in comparison, but have read some less-than-sterling analyses of the Blue Mountain brand.

Green Lantern

Reaction score

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure like the Peet's Holiday blend in the bright red foil container. I'm a fan.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
I want magic, damn it, not science. The pouring groove?
CM-8%202006.jpg
lefty

The glass is infused with phoenix tears and the filters are woven from unicorn tail hairs

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
The glass is infused with phoenix tears and the filters are woven from unicorn tail hairs

Better. Is the collar the hardened penis sheath of the Kraken? If so, $35 is a deal.

lefty

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Better, it's from Leviathan

Piato

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
went to the NYC Stumptown this past weekend. Best coffee I've had outside of Italy so far, simply awesome.
Stumptown makes some of the best coffee in NYC. I'd rank them at the top alongside 9th Street Espresso and Gimme.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piato
Stumptown makes some of the best coffee in NYC. I'd rank them at the top alongside 9th Street Espresso and Gimme.

I agree.

But I have come to really hate the beard or mustaches done child molester style requirement for baristas. And the tweed. I imagine this is what a post-concert gathering for fans of The Killers would look like.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree.

But I have come to really hate the beard or mustaches done child molester style requirement for baristas. And the tweed. I imagine this is what a post-concert gathering for fans of The Killers would look like.

That is why we do mail order. Also we don't live in Portland or NYC.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Better. Is the collar the hardened penis sheath of the Kraken? If so, $35 is a deal.

lefty

It's just a really thick filter.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree.

It depends on what location. Some of the baristas are pricks!

Gimme down in nolita they are pretty nice. That is a real scene, with all the cool folks sitting on the bench out front. The Lorimer location is a little bit shady on that block... but that is because i don't really "do" Williamsburg anymore (too old). The 9th street near Tompkins they think they are so cool and hip.... with the mustache, etc. The main 9th street out near Ave C they act like they are working the door at Bungalow 8 (back in the day). For real... just gimme my cappuccino and chill out. IT IS NOT THAT SERIOUS

I think my fave is that Grumpy place in Chelsea. Or Gimme.

Keep in mind that i only buy a cappuccino (double shot, size small).

Actually, i used to buy that Ethiopian coffee at Gimme for like $18 and now i get the same stuff at Porto Rico for $8 per pound.

FWIW... that Joe coffee in grand central is ok. And i get Think coffee a lot near school (but that is mediocre at best). I just cannot stand Starbucks, so i will settle for pretty much anything else.

I have only had Stumptown at Momofuku milk bar (they serve it there)... so i don't have a good frame of reference. Is there a Stumptown cafe in Manhattan?

ok... i wrote too much. sorry

wakerider

Reaction score
Vanilla latte every morning. 2 shots of espresso, an appropriate volume of steamed milk, and a pump or two of Torani vanilla syrup. AMAZING. I bought a Nespresso over break and absolutely love it. No more Starbucks! http://www1.nespresso.com/citiz/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads