• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
Grenache

Will look for the 05 this weekend. And FYI, as the guy that introduced the Grenache here, I cannot endorse the Shiraz. Really not the QPR, at least in 04.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Will look for the 05 this weekend. And FYI, as the guy that introduced the Grenache here, I cannot endorse the Shiraz. Really not the QPR, at least in 04.

forgive my n00bness but what be QPR
confused.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
forgive my n00bness but what be QPR
confused.gif

Quality to Price Ratio.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shiraz or Grenache?

Woops, grenache.

PS.

I scored my 04 Fire Block Grenache from here for $13.97. They no longer have any 04s in stock even though it's listed on the sight but they are selling the 05s for the same price.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quality to Price Ratio.

Cheers!

That's what I was guessing
smile.gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
just sent a bunch of links out. I haven't watched any of those, I think most are guests.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Cheers!

That's what I was guessing
smile.gif

Originally Posted by gomestar
just sent a bunch of links out. I haven't watched any of those, I think most are guests.

You're welcome and thanks!

IMG_0366.jpg

07 Juvenile Turley, assorted cheeses, blue cheese stuffed olives.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enjoying a wonderful Aussie Grenache right now. 2006 Yalumba Bush Vine Grenache, Barossa Vaaley. It's an intense yet elegant and surprisingly complex pour that I put right up there with the 2004 Fire Block. It also comes from old vine (30 to 70 years) and offers up complexity in fruit and earth notes that blend together to create a lucious harmony seldom found in a sub $30 bottle (this one comes in at $15.99!)
I'm posting this from my phone so no pics at the moment but I promise come Monday I'll have pics and more detiled tasting notes...but for now I give this one a 91/100

Wrigglez

Reaction score
i picked up a 2005 St henri (penfolds) for my fathers christmas present. it will replace the 1998 st henri we will be enjoying from his celler, bring on christmas

edit: shame everything now has a screw top, will grange get a screw top too?

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tuesday
sfwinethreadweek2b.jpg
2005 Caymus Vineyards Zinfandel, Napa Valley Our favorite wine at this particular restaurant. Very consistent, as is the case with most Caymus wine. Lots of flavour and balance. Interestingly, both our guests stuck their noses up at it. Tastes are so different. Love this Zin. $61.00 Wednesday
sfwinethreadweek2a.jpg
2007 7 Deadly Zins, Lodi Local roadhouse vist with a gang of musicians. The top wine. Pretty good. Actually, very enjoyable blend from the San Joaquin Valley. A kick at the beginning and a nice finish. Not too fruity. Needs more middle movement. $45.00 Thursday
sfwinethreadweek2c.jpg
2006 Caymus Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Special Selection, Napa Valley My wife surprised me with my favorite Cabernet after a particularly successful concert. Lovely velvet on the tongue with wonderful balance between jammy fruit, tannins and acidity. Has the balance and sophistication I love in fine wine. Layering was spectacular, but needs some more time to be at its best. The '05 was amazing. '06 not quite there yet. $160.00 Friday
sfwinethreadweek2d.jpg
Dinner party at a friend's place. 2006 Frei Brothers Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley Nice drinking Cabernet. Pretty good balance, but a little fruit forward for my tastes. Not much character, Spend $15 more and get the Alexander Valley Ridgeline Cabernet which is fantastic. $25.00 2006 Penfolds Bin 407 Cabernet Sauvignon, Coonawarra A blend from several areas. Great balance, good fruit with lots of minerality and liquorice. Excellent. So different from Napa Cabs. $35.00
sfwinethreadweek2e.jpg
2008 Pelee Island Cabernet Sauvignon, Prince Edward County The evening ended with a whimper. A ton of fruit, but not too bad. By the time this wine came, my tastebuds were under water. $10.00 Thanks for reading.

ektaylor

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on Vina Robles Jardine Vineyard Petite Sirah 2007? I just picked one up to gift.
1052185x.jpg

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sangiovese born in Napa. Some Cab and Voigner.

Black Cherry and Strawberry with toasty oak. Lovely. More sophisticated than its marketing implies. A very nice wine.

$71.00

pazzo.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads