• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amount of Milk One Should Consume

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Following in the vein of the egg thread, I'm curious as to what everyone thinks is a good amount of milk to drink. I love milk, I think it's delicious and drink it with every meal. I average about 1-2 gallons of 1% milk a week. Thoughts?

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good regimen, keep it up.

Milk is delicious.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i drink about a gallon of milk and a half gallon of h&h every week

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't drink any milk. It is better used in the production of cheese, yogurt, etc.

Cognacad

Reaction score
I drink about 5 liters a week, or more if I am proteinshaking it up.

Also, Starting Strength says 1 gallon a day!

jpb

Reaction score
Milk is baby food, are you a baby?

MHH89

Reaction score
"You shouldn't drink milk, It's not in sync with evolution."

tumblr_kt6qdvDHFB1qapue9o1_100.jpg

gilwood

Reaction score
Humans are the only species that drinks the milk of a different species.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gilwood
Humans are the only species that drinks the milk of a different species.

Human's are also the only species that cooks their food, farms, takes antibiotics, makes complex tools, uses the internet and does a million other things. That fact that other species don't do something and humans do means nothing in terms of how much one should do something (or in this case consume) and if it is beneficial or harmful.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArteEtLabore14
Following in the vein of the egg thread, I'm curious as to what everyone thinks is a good amount of milk to drink. I love milk, I think it's delicious and drink it with every meal. I average about 1-2 gallons of 1% milk a week. Thoughts?

I drink about 1/2 gallon-3/4 gallon of skim milk every DAY. Maintain below 8% bf too, I've never noticed holding any water weight. I also see Dr. every other month for blood tests just to make sure everything is on par as bloodwork is free for me. Never had any problems.

Milk is AMAZING for college students....$3 a gallon...and you get like 8g of protein,13g of carbs and 0g of fat in each cup serving. **** ramen noodles....milk and eggs!

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I drink about a gallon per week.

gilwood

Reaction score
I guess just beware of the amount of Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH) you may be consuming. Just like anything else, moderation is key.

http://www.ejnet.org/bgh/nogood.html

The pus in the milk is the thing I find most disgusting. I stay away from dairy products. But I'm lactose intolerant, so don't follow my lead. Soy milk anyone?

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm about to add 500 cal a day to my routine. I don't currently drink any milk. I'm thinking I'm gonna go for 4 cups whole milk between bfast and midmorning. A nice, cheap, organic house brand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads