• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movies that blow

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
year one

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. i like the director so expected good things, but i turned it off about 1/2 an hour into it.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Made the mistake of getting The Nanny Diaries from netflix.

Thought Scarlett Johannsen would be hot enough to make it worthwhile.

Big mistake. Absolutely terrible movie.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. i like the director so expected good things, but i turned it off about 1/2 an hour into it.

Sorry that there weren't more explosions in the first half hour of the movie to hold your interest. I don't get you man.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Gotta add "I Robot" to this list. It's on FX right now and I had forgotten how much it sucks.

Bad CGI effects as well.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a beautiful movie, though it did take me a second viewing to appreciate it. I had to just let go of my concerns and just focus on the movie. Once I did that, it was more enjoyable.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Sorry that there weren't more explosions in the first half hour of the movie to hold your interest. I don't get you man.

Originally Posted by mrchapel
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a beautiful movie, though it did take me a second viewing to appreciate it. I had to just let go of my concerns and just focus on the movie. Once I did that, it was more enjoyable.

Plus-one, what they said;
no matter how you say it -
I loved that movie.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
The Goods is the worst movie I've seen in a while. So many wasted actors - Piven, Rhames, Ferrell, Koechner, female lead wasn't even hot.

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
"Knocked Up" was awful. Had to turn it off. It was a big PSA wrapped in unfunny.

watched(tried) it on dvd, if i was in the theaters, i would have to walk out- wouldn't even ask for a refund. rather not explain why i was crying.

edit: i'll wager night at the museum as well.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Drew Barrymore in it?

Then chances are it sux.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread just to say that 'Great Wall' is one of the worst movies ever. Zhang Yimou, I am disappoint.

Reaction score
Agree. A movie with no soul. I expected more from Zhang Yimou. In any case the battle scenes were enjoyable, especially in comparison with other blockbusters such as Assassin's Creed (boring!)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads