• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
nah - those shoes from vass kinda suck. sorry. worst pair i've seen
ffffuuuu.gif

no idea what you are talking about. i certainly think they are gorgeous, but you're entitled to your opinion
fight[1].gif

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gshen
i am honored to join the VARSHH-IAN army!
- Juniors balls are dropping!
- Round of Japanese whiskey next time we meet!

888style

Reaction score
Just back from Budapest. With necessary Vass stop. Was interesting experience. Two ladies (30+ and 50+) and younger guy (30+) were in the store. Communication in English was limited so quickly switched to German. Found them to helpful, but not overly friendly. Dealt mostly with the younger guy who translated in Hungarian back to the ladies. Came pretty well prepared as I had printed off some pictures of this forum, so I could show them what I wanted. Order two pair, and paid cash with 10% discount.

Now I have to wait till they arrive in late January.

inlove.gif

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Me likey! ^^^

Cognac Old English F last?

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Just to add to the collection...

vass1.jpg

vass2.jpg

vass3.jpg

vass4.jpg

vass5.jpg

Rock on, I still want that camera ... whatever it was .. that took those photos ... amazing detail. You can count the individual pores in the calf

Can't wait to find out if the Vass whiskey shells I kop'd will fit

By the way, how is the finish on cordovan shell with Vass? Resistant to scratching like Alden?

rammie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Just to add to the collection...

What a lovely pair of shoes! Also, thanks for not doing that silly "double tapered to single"-thing that seems to be the **** on all kinds of lasts and styles right now.

youngScholar

Reaction score
he white stitching is guady

The white stitching is gorgeous.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Me likey! ^^^ Cognac Old English F last?
Dark Cognac I believe. But yes, F last on the Old English II. Thanks!
did vass change their leather? another mr zees look alike
Zee's? Far far from.
Originally Posted by furo
Rock on, I still want that camera ... whatever it was .. that took those photos ... amazing detail. You can count the individual pores in the calf Can't wait to find out if the Vass whiskey shells I kop'd will fit By the way, how is the finish on cordovan shell with Vass? Resistant to scratching like Alden?
Its a Canon 400D with a Canon 50mm lens. It's a decent SLR for amateur photographers like me. Much better than any P&S. Those shell Vass' look tasty! Good luck with their fit.
Originally Posted by rammie
What a lovely pair of shoes! Also, thanks for not doing that silly "double tapered to single"-thing that seems to be the **** on all kinds of lasts and styles right now.
Thanks! The tapered sole thing doesn't do it for me and it seems to affect the lines in a negative way. But...I can see the appeal.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rammie

You are not man enough for double sole.
bigstar[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads