• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
?!?!? i just said nobody cares, including me, if my shirt has a band of outsiders label on it. you were the one who found it so amusing that someone would consider wearing a shirt from, gasp, target! what a lowlife! your credibility flew out the window with that comment. where you got "So you dress for other people?" is beyond me.

it doesn't matter what you said. just what others read

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i really relaly really like barker blacks have a pair of awesome boots from them
PB251916.JPG
i looove the skull motif! and the quality is very high, better than my bbbf c&j's

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i'm just saying, you'll beat your head for no reason if you expect anything more
6a00d8341c761a53ef0120a4e52bcc970b-320wi

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
i'm just saying, you'll beat your head for no reason if you expect anything more

agreed, now that i see you werent trying to be a dick. there should be an age limit on this goddamn forum

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Going to custom order some two-tone Alfred Sargents in white with dark teal-y aniline blue accents and caps, natural brown contrast sole. White suede with natural contrast sole.

Probably some Tricker's as well, possibly with wedge sole, Stows in grey suede with wedge sole, along with some oxfords in green or navy with contrast double stacked sole.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Next year after I get my new job I'll definitely be getting more color variety in my shoes for summer.

I forgot how fast Korean mail is, but here's hoping that my package made it for the rounds today (yeah right):
\tAt Foreign Delivery Unit, December 08, 2009, 8:19 am, KOREA

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
?!?!? i just said nobody cares, including me, if my shirt has a band of outsiders label on it. you were the one who found it so amusing that someone would consider wearing a shirt from, gasp, target! what a lowlife! your credibility flew out the window with that comment. where you got "So you dress for other people?" is beyond me.
Actually, if you weren't a butthurt newbie you'd know the first post was a joke. "Boo hoo hoo people don't think I'm stylish because I wear **** clothes" get the **** outta here. If you think I buy my clothes simply because the label attached to them you're stupider than the **** that comes out of my dog's ass. And since you buy your **** at Target, my advice isn't pertinent to you anyway so I guess my credibility and your assessment of my credibility is useless to you anyway
wow, the douchebaggery on this site never ceases to amaze me. kid, i have no problem with being an average working class person and not spending $300 on a shirt. wearing a non - "BoO" shirt, as you like to abbreviate them, does not bother me in the slightest. nobody ******* cares that i do not have mother of pearl buttons.
Meaning you dress for others who won't care about the material of your shirt, I dress for myself and I don't care that others know what my shirts are made of because I'm the one wearing them and that's all that matters.
agreed, now that i see you werent trying to be a dick. there should be an age limit on this goddamn forum
No seniors, go hang out with SVD (no hate to SVD). I suppose you should make it a point to see an optometrist, seeing as how you obviously can't see the shift key, I feel for you old man going blind's no joke Cool that you resort to calling me a kid though, since you're oh so much wiser than me and all
lol8[1].gif

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone more knowledgeable could confirm my assumption that this is a Raf Simons suit. Guy on the left.
streetstyle626.jpg
I really like the styling here and I find the big arms on the suit surprisingly appealing. I've also suddenly got an urge to watch the blues brothers.
tongue.gif

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Age is a lot about perception. If both were to have the same level of knowledge, i'd much rather be on a youthful forum with people who use proper punctuation and capitalization than one filled with old blokes typing like tweens.

As for AEs, they aren't stellar, but there are gems. I really like my monks and one pair of my captoes, while the other captoe I have from them is merely suitable. Not sure how old the monks are but I don't find the styling to be blobby and they have worn rather nicely. As for the captoes they are quite sleek and they seem to be of good quality overall.

AEs are just like APC in that while they are not the greatest, they are perfect in some cases. Not everyone feels the need for Samurais or other artisanal items. That being said, I don't feel like my AEs are going to wear out anytime soon and they look good, so i'm satisfied.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got two pairs of AEs, three if you count the pair that needs to see the cobbler courtesy of my dog.

On my first black park avenues, the sole has about half come off, I did wear them every day of the week though for about 6 months and I've owned them for about 10, so take that for what its worth.

My second pair however - derby's in chestnut with a rubber commando sole, which I've owned for the same period of time (10 months) and only worn every second/third/fourth day (sometimes less) have also got some of the sole coming off. It isn't to the extent of the first pair, they are still wearable to some degree, but there has been about an inch of rubber that has come off on the front part of the right shoe which looks just hideous and makes me ashamed to wear them (they're my 'beater' shoes for work).

I just ordered a pair of lightly used Alden's off eBay, we'll see how they fair.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Buying shoes with leather soles, you have to expect that they need replacing. Not really a quality issue unless they come apart before they are worn down. It's the construction of the uppers that I worry about, since you can't really swap those out

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True, the upper's on the chestnut derbys seem to have faired alright with only a few scratches, the park avenue cap toes though are quite well and truly fucked though, probably moreso my fault than AE though. They already had some peeling and a few nasty scatches, when the sole came apart I ended up using black ducktape to hold the sole together and it backfired on me and peeled some of the leather off when I peeled it. I'm not sure what can be done about them but I almost want to keep them just for the sentimental value of being my first proper dress shoe, even though they are about a half size too big.

On a related note, not that anything is stopping me but if I get to continue living the greater part of my life wearing dress shoes , I will die a happy man. (side topic clothing = happiness?)

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
lol8[1].gif

my problem isnt with anyones clothes at all. its with attitudes like yours that assume that because someone doesnt agree with you they are an idiot "newbie".

oh and by the way i never said i bought anything at target, but i dont consider anyone to be "on another level" because of the shirt they wear

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my problem isnt with anyones clothes at all. its with attitudes like yours that assume that because someone doesnt agree with you they are an idiot "newbie". oh and by the way i never said i bought anything at target, but i dont consider anyone to be "on another level" because of the shirt they wear
Advice, because I think you mean well: Don't take anything on this forum seriously, and try not to be too defensive. You're in the Internets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads