• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movies that blow

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit
New Moon was definitely one of the worst films I've ever seen. Probably the worst. Even the teenage girls who went to see it couldn't help but laugh at how bad it was.

'Tis what I heard as well.

One of my female roommates went to see it with her younger cousin, she said it was possibly the worst movie she had ever paid money to see.

mickey711

Reaction score
I think Roger Ebert said it best when he said that ""The Twilight Saga: New Moon" takes the tepid achievement of "Twilight" (2008), guts it, and leaves it for undead. ". New Moon is even worse than the first movie. I can't believe people actually enjoy it.

hws

Reaction score
Movie which answer original question of this topic is Brown Bunny, Chloë Sevigny lip the penis of Vincent Gallo!

tor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tyto
Crash--avoid it, despite the win. A movie with "deep statement" pretensions that ultimately falls flat from ham-handed writing and acting and a parade of two-dimensional characters. Almost as bad as Falling Down.
So true. The characters were like caricatures of stereotypes...CARICATURES OF STEREOTYPES. Can you imagine? The racism that people need to watch out for is the subtle prejudice that we all have, not the gun-toting **** people who aren't the exact same race as me kind. It just came across as preachy, not particularly poignant or moving in any way, except in my stomach when I wanted to throw up after seeing the bizarre dei ex machina of the blank ammo and the car accident. Add to the list: Confessions of a Shopaholic and Total Recall. I don't care what you say about Total Recall:
total_recall_remake.jpg
That is all.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would put "Allan Quatermain and the Temple of Skulls" up against anything as the worst movie ever made. I'm not sure that there was anything good about it except that it ended. Wow, what a terrible movie.

dganderson

Reaction score
The worst movie that I've seen was a film called Ankle Biters about midget vampires. My roommates and I found it at a local Blockbuster in college and figured that we'd give it a shot. They must have shot the film with handheld video cameras from Wal-Mart because as the actors got farther away the volume of their voices went down. Truly a terrible movie.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
That movie was so depressingly awful I wanted to shoot myself in the face halfway through it. I ended up turning it off when it was obvious it was not going to get better.

As a general rule, if you find yourself waiting for something (movie, tv show, cd, book, etc.) to get better, it almost never does.

If the people who made it had anything worthwhile, they would have put it up front.

AdmiralGrafSpee

Reaction score
I recently watched the Dardenne brothers' 2005 Palme d'Or recipient L'enfant. What a disappointment. I don't follow Cannes—or any other "authority"—but I cannot believe this film was not laughed out of the competition.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Knocked Up" was awful. Had to turn it off. It was a big PSA wrapped in unfunny.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Semi-related to ^^^^^^, traded w/the g/f watching "The Ugly Truth" and "My Sister's Keeper" for "Terminator Salavation", "The Bank Job", and "The Taking of Pelham 123" this weekend.

When TUT was finished, I said, "Well, that's an hour and a half of my life that I'll never get back." It may have seemed worse than it was in reality because I kept thinking to myself that I couldn't believe King Leonidas had been reduced to this....

GanglandDandy

Reaction score
"Ninja Assassin" was a huge waste of time. Freakin' ninja revealed himself..no wonder the other ninjas wanted to revoke his ninja pass and whoop his ass.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"IQ" with Meg Ryan playing Albert Einstein's daughter.
facepalm.gif

laughwithm3

Reaction score
Paranormal Activity sucked hardcore, but there's a thread dedicate to that.

Watched "Funny People" 2 weeks ago, there was about 2 or 3 laughes, but they do not, in any way, compensate for the 2 hour agony from watching that boring/semi-depressing crap.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughwithm3
Watched "Funny People" 2 weeks ago, there was about 2 or 3 laughes, but they do not, in any way, compensate for the 2 hour agony from watching that boring/semi-depressing crap.

+awful

Really bad film. I've enjoyed several of Sandler's comedies. They aren't masterpieces but can be entertaining (talking about his work since Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison). This was an absolute piece of trash and I wish Apatow would just stop appearing in/making movies.

Surrogates was another piece of garbage. Bruce Willis should hang it up.

slumdawgbillionaire

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GanglandDandy
"Ninja Assassin" was a huge waste of time. Freakin' ninja revealed himself..no wonder the other ninjas wanted to revoke his ninja pass and whoop his ass.

Ninja assassin is awesome especially the fight scenes, it was well done. It's a guy guy movie. So much blood. It feel like playing ninja gaiden for the xbox when I watched that movie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads