• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy Seiko watches in Japan?

rayuela

Reaction score
I'm headed to Japan in a few weeks and would like to purchase a Seiko watch. The quality to price ratio seems very good even mail order from Seiya Japan and I'm assuming I can find the watches cheaper in Japan. I'm looking at something like the SEIKO Spirit Automatic Watch 6R15 SCVS013.

Wondering if anyone can recommend the best places to buy Seikos in Japan. Are there good stores that sell used Seikos as well?

I'll mostly be in Osaka but might also make it to Tokyo.

Thanks for the help.

mullivan

Reaction score
Any major city will have at least one Bic Camera that carries several models.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
chances are, they're not cheaper in japan

seesee

Reaction score
Where in Japan can I get Seiko watches cheap?

Can someone kindly post the address and maybe contact too?

My friend is going tokyo and other places.

rayuela

Reaction score
Thanks for the guidance above.

I ended up buying a Seiko Alpinist at Yodobashi Camera in Umeda, Osaka. Price was much less than on the seiyajapan site. Remember to get the VAT refund if you are a visitor. I found that the big electronics discounters had exactly the same prices. Yodobashi had a better selection than Bic, though.

SJX

Reaction score
I just saw this thread but if anyone is in Tokyo, Watch-kan run by Sakuraya (an electronics discount chain) is worth checking out. It's 7 or 8 floors of watches ranging including Western brands. It's located opposite the Isetan main store in Shinjuku.

Also, BIC Camera main store in Akihabara has a huge selection of watches upstairs.

The electronics discounts like BIC, Sakuraya and Yodobashi are the cheapest places for new Seikos, and their prices are the same, but they don't carry certain special models which are restricted to stores like Isetan and Wako which give zero discount (but provide top quality service with the salesperson wearing white gloves, saying thank you repeatedly and wrapping the package in 1589 layers of wrapping paper).

ajn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SJX
The electronics discounts like BIC, Sakuraya and Yodobashi are the cheapest places for new Seikos

+1. But the store in Akihabara is Yodobashi, not Bic.

tor

Reaction score

rayuela

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tor
That's like $40 cheaper than seiya...

It's actually more like $75 cheaper for the watch shown in the BIC link above. The price on the BIC website is before the VAT refund. After you factor that in the watch mentioned comes out to about $280, compared to $354 on seiyajapan.com.

Bohdathone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rayuela
I'm headed to Japan in a few weeks and would like to purchase a Seiko watch. The quality to price ratio seems very good even mail order from Seiya Japan and I'm assuming I can find the watches cheaper in Japan. I'm looking at something like the SEIKO Spirit Automatic Watch 6R15 SCVS013.

Wondering if anyone can recommend the best places to buy Seikos in Japan. Are there good stores that sell used Seikos as well?

I'll mostly be in Osaka but might also make it to Tokyo.

Thanks for the help.

Apparently there are certain jewellers/watch shops around in the Japan domestic market that have exclusive editions made for them by Seiko. I'll definitely be investigating that when I ever make it over there

tor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rayuela
It's actually more like $75 cheaper for the watch shown in the BIC link above. The price on the BIC website is before the VAT refund. After you factor that in the watch mentioned comes out to about $280, compared to $354 on seiyajapan.com.

Wow, since when did seiya raise the price? It was $336 last time I checked, literally less than a week ago. I did not know about the VAT though.

Damn, I should get on that.
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads