• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When is the exploded flannel restock supposed to arrive?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SeventyFive
Is there usually an email notification sent when an order ships?

Yes, but they're often blocked by commercial accounts (yahoo, gmail, etc). If you PM me with your name or four-digit order number, we can send you the tracking info.

Originally Posted by edubs01
When is the exploded flannel restock supposed to arrive?

Working on getting it before Christmas. I've got three huge releases coming in the next 7-10 days, so I'm pouring on the pressure!

SeventyFive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Yes, but they're often blocked by commercial accounts (yahoo, gmail, etc). If you PM me with your name or four-digit order number, we can send you the tracking info.

The good news is that the package was attempted to be delivered today. The bad news is that apparently the package required a signature and I wasn't home at the time.

Is this something that I could request not have happen on any future orders? So far it appears that the USPS sucks for dealing with signatures (thanks to USPS policies and my work schedule, I won't be able to pick up the package until this weekend at the earliest).
frown.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The good news is that the package was attempted to be delivered today. The bad news is that apparently the package required a signature and I wasn't home at the time.

Is this something that I could request not have happen on any future orders? So far it appears that the USPS sucks for dealing with signatures (thanks to USPS policies and my work schedule, I won't be able to pick up the package until this weekend at the earliest).
frown.gif

Sorry about that - I know that trips to the Post Office are a pain **********. We can definitely work with you, but f you live in an urban area, then USPS and UPS won't deliver without a signature whether we specify it or not. That's the case here in Brooklyn.

If you can get it delivered to your job, that's usually the best scenario. But sure, drop us a line before your next order and we'll figure out the best method for shipping.

SeventyFive

Reaction score
Sorry about that - I know that trips to the Post Office are a pain **********. We can definitely work with you, but f you live in an urban area, then USPS and UPS won't deliver without a signature whether we specify it or not. That's the case here in Brooklyn.

If you can get it delivered to your job, that's usually the best scenario. But sure, drop us a line before your next order and we'll figure out the best method for shipping.

That's strange. I've gotten a lot of stuff shipped through USPS and this is the first package that has required a signature.

Also, sorry if I seemed a grumpy in my previous post.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard lots of people having trouble with USPS lately. Hopefully I won't be joining them soon.

I've subscribed to the mailing list since I have trouble keeping up with all these SF threads. Those XS shirts sell out fast, curse my tiny self.

And curse my tiny feet. Those new workboots look awesome, but they're too gargantuan for me. Will you be doing preorders for future boot collaborations that will allow us to specify sizes, like Context did with their tankers? (No returns of course, these things should be 100% committed to by the customer.)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill_switch
received my shirt today, hella soft.
Thank you sir!
That's strange. I've gotten a lot of stuff shipped through USPS and this is the first package that has required a signature. Also, sorry if I seemed a grumpy in my previous post.
Hey, no worries, we want to get this stuff into your hands as easily as possible. Definitely drop us a line next time, and we can work out the best way to ship it.
Originally Posted by Alias
I've subscribed to the mailing list since I have trouble keeping up with all these SF threads. Those XS shirts sell out fast, curse my tiny self. And curse my tiny feet. Those new workboots look awesome, but they're too gargantuan for me. Will you be doing preorders for future boot collaborations that will allow us to specify sizes, like Context did with their tankers? (No returns of course, these things should be 100% committed to by the customer.)
Well, we've got some new production capabilities after the holidays, so we'll have more available stock in our upcoming shirts. I'm planning a new collab poll for mid-January. After the fabrics are fixed, we'll have a one week period where we take actual pre-orders for shirts through our website. That way, we can tailor the production size run to what you guys actually need - and make sure all of our customers - especially the XS and XXL guys - get their shirt. And regarding the Aldens, what size would you need? We're definitely open to taking advance orders against sizes.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, we've got some new production capabilities after the holidays, so we'll have more available stock in our upcoming shirts. I'm planning a new collab poll for mid-January. After the fabrics are fixed, we'll have a one week period where we take actual pre-orders for shirts through our website. That way, we can tailor the production size run to what you guys actually need - and make sure all of our customers - especially the XS and XXL guys - get their shirt.

And regarding the Aldens, what size would you need? We're definitely open to taking advance orders against sizes.

Awesome. I'm a 7D. How would advance orders work?

bakatora

Reaction score
I finally got my camera working again.

My Brixton boots.

DSC02537.jpg

I love them. Thanks, Mike! Hopefully I'll have some pictures of my flannels soon. They feel amazing and they fit me perfectly.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New photo of the slim-lapel sportscoat:
tumblr_kuavszOztE1qa5p47

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
New photo of the slim-lapel sportscoat:
tumblr_kuavszOztE1qa5p47

Oh man, don't show this pic to my fiancee. She may have to rethink who she's getting married to! j/k breakz - thanks for posting it! Yes, I approve the final sportcoat sample yesterday. We'll have all three - Donnegal Tweed, Italian Glen Plaid, and English Superfine Gabardine - by Dec 16th. They do have slim lapels, but it's not as exaggeraed as in this pic. The lapels weren't pressed and the close Iphone pic has some wide-angle distortion. But believe me, this sportcoat will be mod as ****.

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, not fair! I have two pairs of denim I'm working on now and then you have to go and drop yours as well? Between you and Mauro I don't know how I'm saving any money month to month at all...

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man, don't show this pic to my fiancee. She may have to rethink who she's getting married to!

j/k breakz - thanks for posting it!

Yes, I approve the final sportcoat sample yesterday. We'll have all three - Donnegal Tweed, Italian Glen Plaid, and English Superfine Gabardine - by Dec 16th. They do have slim lapels, but it's not as exaggeraed as in this pic. The lapels weren't pressed and the close Iphone pic has some wide-angle distortion. But believe me, this sportcoat will be mod as ****.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads