• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i always picture the guys who will only wear a tie with a coat as the ones who have to matching shoes and belts

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ and to that; I tend to think of guys who feel the need to wear a tie without a jacket to be the male counterpart to women who wear scarves year round.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
btw I mean CWG's who wear flipflops, tee shirts, and a scarf, not talking about the classy beezies with the silk scarves...

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Yeah second time in a month that topic comes up. It's always pointless too--both sides of the argument hold steadfast opinions, so it's just 20-30 posts of "yuh-huh! nuh-uh!"
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
there can only be one winnar though
gBYW313SPidsk5dqt01w4lAPo1_400.jpg
The way I'm reading TOJ's opinion, I was right.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was looking on the Corgi site the other day. Really like some of their sweaters.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Even though we might lose a couple nice looks in the cull, I feel that men's fashion would be overall better if all ties suddenly disappeared forever and were never made again. That's just me though.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Goddamnit, I need to return my uniqlo blazer because the sleeves are ridiculously ******* short. I didn't notice at the time because I wore it with a uniqlo shirt, which also have ridiculously ******* short sleeves.

naaaaate

Reaction score
You love horizontally tight stuff, just imagine short sleeves are like tightness but vertical!

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Goddamnit, I need to return my uniqlo blazer because the sleeves are ridiculously ******* short. I didn't notice at the time because I wore it with a uniqlo shirt, which also have ridiculously ******* short sleeves.

lol, this is your fault though because you already knew uniqlo blazers have sleeves for freaks with short arms like me. Then again, sometimes they're even too short for me.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sell it to me, I have tiny arms and don't live near a Uniqlo.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Pretty much every outfit that includes a tie could potentially look better without one. It's one of these things where you have to ask the question before you decide to wear it cause it might just be too much.

I don't think I wore a tie in 2009, maybe once with a matching Thom Browne suit.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I'm giving myself a crash course on knit design this week
redface.gif
Need some handknit sweaters... want a Nordic or Fair Isle and my TOJ oxford shirts to wear under my fur collared brown Bomber with insulated lining, some new crispy raw jeans to hold a crisp cuff, and a good pair of boots to take me through the next few months of winter.

TOJ fairisle and nordic knits would be the ****.
Originally Posted by zissou
^Even a black one?

Unrelated:
Sometimes I'm amazed at how so many guys balk at 'working' on a garment to get it to fit just right. I'm thinking of the "will this t shirt shrink?!?"-type questions, or paying someone to replace buttons.

Word. I never feel like a shirt or pair of pants is mine until I've busted a button or two and sewn it back on myself.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
Even though we might lose a couple nice looks in the cull, I feel that men's fashion would be overall better if all ties suddenly disappeared forever and were never made again. That's just me though.
worship.gif
Agreed, if it doesn't serve a function "clip it". In advance of disagreement aesthetics/form is not function.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
worship.gif
Agreed, if it doesn't serve a function "clip it". In advance of disagreement aesthetics/form is not function.

Yeah it's mostly a marriage/funeral thing for me, very few exceptions aside. I just like dress shirt better when they're not burdened by a tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads