• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans for her?

gqcao

Reaction score
I would prefer raw denim since she's new to it. she's about 5"4 118lbs. i want to keep it under $150 since it's her first pair. thanks

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
There is a very, very long thread on superdenim about women's raw

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raw fail, make sure your womens buy jeans that aren't 100% cotton. Stretch jeans do wonders for women. Had some good experience with Earnest Sewn, but not the crazy ************* who wore them.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
Raw fail, make sure your womens buy jeans that aren't 100% cotton. Stretch jeans do wonders for women. Had some good experience with Earnest Sewn, but not the crazy ************* who wore them.

Stupid comment. I like Jean Shop, even though it's about $110 more than your budget. The cuts are much more flattering on most women than APCs.

gqcao

Reaction score
Pair of Crate Journals sz.29 NWT for sale - $90+shipping (what I paid for them and shipping)
link?

yfarmanara

Reaction score
Check out naked&famous. A couple of pretty good cuts there for ladies. Really cheap and high quality denim. If you're in Vancouver for some reason, check out Dutil in Gastown.

spreadcollar

Reaction score
Every time I see one of these threads, I always think the guy is falling into the buying something you want, not what she wants, syndrome. If your lady is asking for them, I absolve you of this accusation. Also, it needn't be emphasized that clothing presents are tricky, and jeans are one of the trickier things to fit, so you're setting yourself up for a big task here, imo.

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spreadcollar
Every time I see one of these threads, I always think the guy is falling into the buying something you want, not what she wants, syndrome. If your lady is asking for them, I absolve you of this accusation. Also, it needn't be emphasized that clothing presents are tricky, and jeans are one of the trickier things to fit, so you're setting yourself up for a big task here, imo.

Agreed. Most girls I know ultimately prefer 7FAM, TR, R&R, and so forth to more obscure brands.

If you're gonna do it though, I'd also recommend Naked & Famous. They make some great slim-fitting cuts for women. Second, I would recommend Nudie.

ersatzmoe

Reaction score
I think that you should look into buying Hudson jeans for the woman. Great cuts, make their bums look fantastic. 98% cotton 2% lycra (or its equivalent). Lots of skinny pairs, lots of dark washes. http://www.hudsonjeans.com/

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

lol. I would say the same thing but I stopped buying clothes for women long ago to pre-empt myself.

My girlfriend isn't super heavy bottomed and she wears various Japanese-version Lees and Levi's that look good on her, all pre-distressed but not stretch, but also not skinny, just slightly relaxed and tapered.

I don't foresee tight APC new cures looking great on women because of the knee bagging, so I'd give a vote to the stretch if you are gonna go that skinny as well.

Dior Homme can look good on girls too, sometimes.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Dior Homme can look good on girls too, sometimes.

Looks good on tall girls, but my 5'6" something girlfriend's ass goes into negative values when she wears my Diors

ryannn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Looks good on tall girls, but my 5'6" something girlfriend's ass goes into negative values when she wears my Diors

Dang that sounds cool.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I actually had a girlfriend who had the same problem naturally (pre Dior Homme), and she didn't last too long with me unfortunately.

I had a girlfriend with a big butt try on Diors and they were far too long for her obviously, but the leg and butt fit were actually not bad. I have a pair of Dior '13cm' (I tapered them like crazy) and my current girlfriend wouldn't be able to fit into them, I have a pair of APC 26 cures that she couldn't really fit into either and the 13cm DIors are smaller.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ersatzmoe
I think that you should look into buying Hudson jeans for the woman.

Great cuts, make their bums look fantastic. 98% cotton 2% lycra (or its equivalent).

Lots of skinny pairs, lots of dark washes.

http://www.hudsonjeans.com/

agreed. my girlfriend has a pair and they look awesome

xanatos

Reaction score

Best comment of the day! *****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads