• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thomas H. Handy rye 2008 vintage

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
1 part Chambord
2 parts Crown
Dash of Angustora

Earlier:
1 part Fernet Branca
2 parts Sazerac
Dash of Fee Bros Grapefruit bitters

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Verily I say unto you that at long last I have partaken of the 2009 George T. Stagg. And lo, it is good. Nay, better than good. Divine.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Francis
Verily I say unto you that at long last I have partaken of the 2009 George T. Stagg. And lo, it is good. Nay, better than good. Divine.

Good for you. Hands down, my favorite of all bourbons. Like it better than anything else I've had.

I'm having a Hollande 1620 lager right now.

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Good for you. Hands down, my favorite of all bourbons. Like it better than anything else I've had.

I know what you mean. The friend I was drinking with, who used to like bourbon better than scotch until developing a greater appreciation for the latter, told me that drinking Stagg was like falling in love with bourbon all over again.

thinksimple

Reaction score
A can of Speroni--I thought it only came in bottles, but apparently I was wrong.

samus

Reaction score
Manhattan with Saz 6 and Dolin. I'm generally not too crazy about the Dolin but I tuned it down tonight and it came out pretty well.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Good for you. Hands down, my favorite of all bourbons. Like it better than anything else I've had. I'm having a Hollande 1620 lager right now.
I know what you mean. The friend I was drinking with, who used to like bourbon better than scotch until developing a greater appreciation for the latter, told me that drinking Stagg was like falling in love with bourbon all over again.
Its amazing, but ya'll still have to try William Larue Weller, its up there with Stagg. I'm drinking some Talisker DE 1996

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stole this from Hess's "Small Screen Network":

SCOFFLAW
1oz rye (Rittenhouse 100)
1oz dry vermouth (Martini & Rossi)
Dash grenadine (Rose's)
1/4 oz lemon juice
1 dash orange bitters (Fee Brothers)

It needs something. This recipe tasted very flat. Maybe if I took out 0.5oz of dry and added 0.5oz sweet. It may need a bit more rye to punch it up some, as well.

Any suggestions?

samus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
Stole this from Hess's "Small Screen Network":

SCOFFLAW
1oz rye (Rittenhouse 100)
1oz dry vermouth (Martini & Rossi)
Dash grenadine (Rose's)
1/4 oz lemon juice
1 dash orange bitters (Fee Brothers)

It needs something. This recipe tasted very flat. Maybe if I took out 0.5oz of dry and added 0.5oz sweet. It may need a bit more rye to punch it up some, as well.

Any suggestions?

I saw that as well but I haven't got any orange bitters. Opinions on substituting Angostura or Peychaud's?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samus
I saw that as well but I haven't got any orange bitters. Opinions on substituting Angostura or Peychaud's?

Try it, what have you got to loose?

MarquisMagic

Reaction score
At this moment, coffee trying to stay up and read through all the unread SF posts!!!!!

borderline

Reaction score
I made this last night (while watching "Bullitt"), does anyone know if this is an official cocktail?

Bulleit bourbon-2 shots
Simple syrup- teaspoon
Ice
Club soda to fill the tumbler
Twist of lime

I guess it is similar to an old fashioned with soda, or a standard highball with a little extra sweetener. Very good though...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics