• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

pooMonger

Reaction score
The waist on my IH634s stretched out considerably. Initial fit was extremely snug and it was tough to get the top bottom on. A year later, I have to wear them with a belt or else they just slide down.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the 3Sixteen ST-210 Slim Black-coated denim (sz 34) in the mail, and need some sizing advice:
sdc12238.jpg
sdc12242o.jpg
This is only my second pair of respectable denim; my size 31 APC NS has stretched out considerably, to a tad big in the waist and a lot in the knees, but it's pretty good in the top block. Should I size down one? These have a bit of room to spare in the waist and are especially big at the crotch (esp w/ it's stretching, although I suppose it won't be a huge diff), but I'm a little worried about how skinny the knee is going to be if I go down to a 33. I'm leaning towards an exchange, though...

Crooow

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of super-skinny jeans on guys, but respectfully, those look too big on you. Granted, they will shrink some with first wash, but then will stretch out even more with wear.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crooow
I'm not a fan of super-skinny jeans on guys, but respectfully, those look too big on you. Granted, they will shrink some with first wash, but then will stretch out even more with wear.

Originally Posted by grundletaint
those look stupidbig

Thanks for the help.

Stupidbig enough for TWOOOOOOOOO sizes down??

Racove

Reaction score
Any updates on the flannel-lined Ironhearts? I am considering the SEXIH07 but don't know if i should wait for the flannel-lined ones

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
Thanks for the help.

dunno. that cut may not be the best. but. dunno. at least one down. looking at that, the knee is the least of your worries.

hbornste

Reaction score
Hey Kiya,

I asked this in another thread but no one answered. What jeans do you sell that will fade similarly to APCs? While I realize that APC denim is of lesser quality than many other brands, I love the the unique, dark yellow-tinted fades it achieves over time. I guess I am looking for something similar but which won't start falling apart after a year. Thanks!

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hbornste
Hey Kiya,

I asked this in another thread but no one answered. What jeans do you sell that will fade similarly to APCs? While I realize that APC denim is of lesser quality than many other brands, I love the the unique, dark yellow-tinted fades it achieves over time. I guess I am looking for something similar but which won't start falling apart after a year. Thanks!

I'd try anything by Imperial or 3sixteen. Both using denim that's been singed, calendared, and sanforized.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question regarding the Superfuture jeans from earlier this year:

How much of the inseam are you going to lose when you finally wash them (assuming you've already hot soaked them and lost the approximate two inches)?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Question regarding the Superfuture jeans from earlier this year:

How much of the inseam are you going to lose when you finally wash them (assuming you've already hot soaked them and lost the approximate two inches)?

I'd say a maximum of another .5".

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by grundletaint
dunno. that cut may not be the best. but. dunno. at least one down. looking at that, the knee is the least of your worries.

Originally Posted by kiya
Brothersport, send those back asap for a size 33.

My immediate reactions was waay too big as well. Those are sanforized (= little to no real shrink). Buy them fitted, even snug, if anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads