• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Desert94
Could you please specify? I'am looking for some slim boots to wear in autamn/spring (sometimes rainy), Paul Smiths look great, but $550 is just too much for me, $400 is affordable.
I got my PS bihars for $400 after customs fees. Try milanclothing.com (10% code in the PS thread somewhere) or https://www.julesb.co.uk/ (twit1 for 10% off) --not much stock left at either of those stores, 7/9/10UK and these run a size big. F&B shoes, here is one example http://www.gimmeshoes.com/product_in...oducts_id=1535 just look around they have a few styles to choice from.

why4009

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
my collection: report from shoe pr0n mc

Back Row (L-R): Alfred Sargent for Peal & Co. - Allen Edmonds Redding - Loake Kempton
Front Row (L-R): Allen Edmonds Stratton - Allen Edmonds Hale - Allen Edmonds Redding - Allen Edmonds Park Avenue

tn_DSC01786.JPG

tn_DSC01787.JPG

tn_DSC01788.JPG

tn_DSC01789.JPG

tn_DSC01790.JPG

tn_DSC01791.JPG

i also have Boo x sperry boots that i didnt put in this pic

Nice shoes, I wish I had a nice collection like yours, but am I missing something? I thought this thread was about non tennis shoes and non-business shoes. Do you wear your AEs with jeans?

Not trying to be insulting, I was looking for ideas on how to upgrade my non-work attire but a lot of people here are listing some pretty nice shoes, so I am a little confused.
eh.gif

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wear my wingtips with jeans pretty regularly.

Doctor

Reaction score
I wear wingtips with jeans often. I also have a pair identical to the pair on the front left of the last pic there (though they're Aldens) which I wear similarly.

Look in the WAYWT thread - shoes like that can look great with jeans. Braidkid regularly pulls off the look to perfection.

sexlexcia

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
how much would a resole be? i have redwing engineer boots with a crepe sole, but i want a traditional engineer sole. anyone have an estimate of how much that would cost?

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
I want to buy a pair of Allen Edmonds Mccllain wingtip to pair with jeans. Is it too narrow to wear with jeans?

newtostyle

Reaction score
Bought these 15+years ago when in highschool and just rediscovered them at my parents house. In decent shape and still have original laces. I must not have worn them much. Any suggestions on how to buff them out to look their best? Trying to decide if I can still pull them off in my 30's.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ha ha. I have some Docs boots I bought about 16 years ago that I loved at the time, and they're still in my closet. But I haven't worn them in about 14 years. Some things are hard to let go of.

altemp

Reaction score
What type of boot would be recommended for someone with narrow feet? I tried on some Grenson's that were on sale at Holt and I loved the look, they were just way too wide (D). It seems that most companies just make the standard D... or am I just not looking enough?

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by altemp
What type of boot would be recommended for someone with narrow feet? I tried on some Grenson's that were on sale at Holt and I loved the look, they were just way too wide (D). It seems that most companies just make the standard D... or am I just not looking enough?

Crockett and Jones Chukkas. They are flippin' awesome and I curse the fact that they only come in a narrow width. You can see here that they only come in an English D fitting (English E=US D.) I think they are around $360 shipped or so. Go for the snuff suede and they will look fantastic with jeans.

http://plal.com/main/index.php?page=...nchgrade-boots

newtostyle

Reaction score
Blynch...................you're right, looking at those pictures made me realize I should have left them at my parents. Its funny, in real life they seemed to look better. Probably just nostalgia kicking in. Or maybe I was thinking they're so ugly their kind of cool. Anyway, thanks for the bluntness.

cheers

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
^take to salvation army, they look hideous to me.

I disagree. He needs to burn them. If he donated them, there is a possibility someone may actually purchase them a second time and continue those shoes horrid existence. It's the shoe equivalent of having unprotected sex with someone when you know you're burning; it's just not morally right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads