• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the most awesome room I have ever seen

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fredfred
I seriously doubt Hans Zimmer has bad audio equipment.

I don't see cable elevators so he certainly doesn't have a good ear!

Vugal

Reaction score
While this may not be ones own personal design taste, I think views like this are incredible.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Looks and placement.

LOL. You don't know what you're talking about.

--Andre

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
LOL. You don't know what you're talking about.

--Andre

You have made too many bogus comments on audio on this board, I would not even know where to begin.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ Really?
laugh.gif
confused.gif

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have made too many bogus comments on audio on this board, I would not even know where to begin.

Would they be less bogus if I suspended them on a styrofoam cup?

It's one thing to say that you don't like the Quested speakers Hans Zimmer uses because the woofers' outer basket supports screw with the sound in some way. It's entirely another thing to look at a dark picture of half a room, and say that the looks and placement condemn the woofers. You may as well use tea leaves to judge the quality of the woofers and dispense entirely with the picture.

--Andre

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Would they be less bogus if I suspended them on a styrofoam cup? It's one thing to say that you don't like the Quested speakers Hans Zimmer uses because the woofers' outer basket supports screw with the sound in some way. It's entirely another thing to look at a dark picture of half a room, and say that the looks and placement condemn the woofers. You may as well use tea leaves to judge the quality of the woofers and dispense entirely with the picture. --Andre
The woofers look cheap; there are too many of them; they don't look time-aligned; and generally musicians have the worst sounding systems. For pro systems, generally the only ones I like are Lipinski and ATC. Could it still sound good? Sure, but its doubtful based on my experience.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The woofers look cheap; there are too many of them; they don't look time-aligned; and generally musicians have the worst sounding systems. For pro systems, generally the only ones I like are Lipinski and ATC.

Could it still sound good? Sure, but its doubtful based on my experience.

I have ATC system at home and it is not really suitable for casual music listening. It is good for work but for enjoying music I would never choose it., juts my 2c.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
I have ATC system at home and it is not really suitable for casual music listening. It is good for work but for enjoying music I would never choose it., juts my 2c.
I would have believed you but at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest I heard the Super Audio Center LCR ATCs playing the upcoming Nat King Cole SACDs. Breathtaking sound. And this was in a horrible room! My view on pro audio is that high end audio brands work better for pro audio. And that is based on my professional recording work as well as my own home listening. Some of the best studio monitors I have used are Usher Tiny Dancers and Reference 3A.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The woofers look cheap;

facepalm.gif

there are too many of them;
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
"My dear young man, don't take it too hard. Your work is ingenious. It's quality work. And there are simply too many notes, that's all. Just cut a few and it will be perfect."

they don't look time-aligned;
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
and
tinfoil.gif
for good measure.

and generally musicians have the worst sounding systems.
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

--Andre

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A nice library / billiards room / general chill place would suit me fine.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
"My dear young man, don't take it too hard. Your work is ingenious. It's quality work. And there are simply too many notes, that's all. Just cup a few and it will be perfect."

Which notes should I cup, Your Majesty?

EDIT: Also, the first few times Hans Zimmer was mentioned in this threak I thought of this guy:

hans+fall.jpg

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
do you and he share a tailor?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
It's funny that Andre facepalms me for suggesting that musicians have the worst systems as a rule. That's so accepted in the recording world that even the musicians regularly joke about it. There are great exceptions but it is quite true as a rule.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads