• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LOVA brand?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
No thread on this, so figured i start one. There is a gilt LOVA sale right now and they have a nice wool shawl collar cardigan.

I was wondering what the quality and fit level is for LOVA anyone know? can you compare it to some brand for me?

Retail prices look pretty low.

Stop buying clothes and start losing weight *****

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a couple LOVA shirts off eLuxury way back when. I am very impressed...just because whenever I wear them I get compliments
laugh.gif
But they fit very slim...for reference, I wear a L in Engineered Garments and am an XL in LOVA...but it still fits slim. Flattering though. Made in the USA. I'm down with the shirts, but I can't speak for the rest of the items (like the cardigan).

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I think they are very slim overall. I always check it out at Forward-forward.com for new pieces and some looks pretty good.

I tried to get an xs or s of the peacoat at Gilt but someone had it on their cart already.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the shirts fit slim. The ones I've seen have a decent amount of suppresion in the waist area.

The pants, or at least the shorts from last spring that I've tried on, are a little vanity sized.

spreadcollar

Reaction score
I like Lova. Good mid-tier brand, think along the lines of Acne or Filippa K. Shirt fit is really good; I like the buttons and material quality on the ones I have. Have seen pants with good fit on models but haven't dabbled in them much. Do not like the fit of the suit jackets but I like the fit of the peacoat from today's sale and bought it to try.

edit: I go TTS on all of the stuff I've tried from them so far. Fits slim, TTS.

Anyone know how the knit quality is; is the wool for the sweaters on the Gilt sale scratchy?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked the peacoats, too.

This shirt in the Gilt sale looks like it could have come straight out of Epaulet's Small Batch line:
med.jpg

spreadcollar

Reaction score
Sleeves should work. As to jacket length, a jacket should at least cover your behind, beyond that, it's a matter of your proportions and preference (I must note that some say it must end at the knuckles of your closed fist). In my experience, they are cut short as to suit/MC brands, so it may or may not work for you.
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
How long are their Blazers? Would a 40 work for a 40L?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
I liked the peacoats, too.

This shirt in the Gilt sale looks like it could have come straight out of Epaulet's Small Batch line:
med.jpg

wow yeah that looks so similar to epaulets flannels

jwied82

Reaction score
anyone get their lova items from Gilt yet? I am curious of what people's impression of them is.

I ordered the pea coat but it hasn't arrived yet. Ive been wating a pea coat for a while, and i thought it looked like it would be a good design/fit for me.

If anyone got a button-down in a size S or XS could i please get the measurements on it? I thought alot of the shirts looked really good, but i wasnt sure what sized i would need, and i didnt want to spend anymore since i got the pea coat. I'm thinking some of them will show up again, whether its another lova sale or in the next final sale.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gg1027

Reaction score
I purchased the contrast charcoal/black blazer from Lova on Gilt and just received it yesterday. I have lost some weight over the past couple months but the blazer fits perfect. Definitely a slimmer 42 than normal, cut slimmer in the arms as well but length fits great. I was planning on wearing it to a wedding in a couple weeks so I am pleased with the purchase.

spreadcollar

Reaction score
The peacoat I mentioned above is awesome - superb cut and very nice wool, but will not be warm enough for me in NYC during the winter (well, it would probably work if I did a lot of layering, but that is not really my style). So it's for sale, along with a couple other pieces from my Lova Gilt haul that didn't work out (also the Slim Blue Oxford Shirt, Navy Blue T-Shirt); see: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...36#post2776736

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads