• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
Wonderful job!

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alan, overall nice job. However, I don't understand the logic behind calling an above the knee overcoat a cocktail dress. It is just as accurate to call a longer overcoat a "long dress" as it is to call an above the knee overcoat a "cocktail dress." Perhaps ridiculous is a a better word than accurate. I prefer above the knee because I believe they look much better on a younger gentleman such as myself, but perhaps I lean more towards modern cuts.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dv3
However, I don't understand the logic behind calling an above the knee overcoat a cocktail dress. It is just as accurate to call a longer overcoat a "long dress" as it is to call an above the knee overcoat a "cocktail dress." Perhaps ridiculous is a a better word than accurate.
It's a subjective and unfair digest. It's also a joke. (Also see).

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wonderful job Alan!!

That generated a lot of lols and chuckles. I do second you maintaining your Guest Editor-ship if Vox agrees
smile.gif

Originally Posted by dv3
Alan, overall nice job.

However, I don't understand the logic behind calling an above the knee overcoat a cocktail dress. It is just as accurate to call a longer overcoat a "long dress" as it is to call an above the knee overcoat a "cocktail dress." Perhaps ridiculous is a a better word than accurate.

I prefer above the knee because I believe they look much better on a younger gentleman such as myself, but perhaps I lean more towards modern cuts.

Analysis-paralysis maybe dv3?

I think its a joke - nothing more, nothing less ... you are overthinking the joke ... lol.

Edit: looks like Alan beat me to it.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
It's a subjective and unfair digest. It's also a joke. (Also see).
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Analysis-paralysis maybe dv3? I think its a joke - nothing more, nothing less ... you are overthinking the joke ... lol. Edit: looks like Alan beat me to it.
Ok, ok, fair enough.
satisfied.gif

emptym

Reaction score
Well done, Alan! My favorite item of the week was MaoMao's scarf.

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nicely done Alan. Perhaps next week we'll go to a show that has more than one intermission?

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd invite you to dinner.. Good stuff!

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alan - Thanks for the inclusion. I like your direct, whimsical style.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, all.

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Ha! Fantastic! Alan, I insist that you do a third guest week.

I hope that you will agree.

Only if my pay is doubled.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics