• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
lurker[1].gif

PM me with what happened there (I dont want to start a ****-throwing match in here)

Originally Posted by greekgeek
lurker[1].gif

Basically it was a dick move on Greekgeek's part. They were selling for $69 and $79 and one pair was going for $39 on Yoox - greekgeek bought some in sizes 9, 10.5, 12, and 13 and had the audacity to try to sell each pair for $249 shipped, but he was forced to self-squirrel his own thread in a vain attempt at damage-control because it quickly turned viral on account of all the thread-shitters outraged at his blatant attempt to make over $150 in profit per pair (i.e., turning a benevolent PSA into a quick $600 profit at the expense of community members who missed out). He also offered to buy a pair from someone for $79 before turning around and trying to flip all those different sizes for $249 each.
confused.gif

Economic Freedumz at its finest thanks to one slimy douchebag...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
23m7tjd.gif

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spam PMs?

Nice to meet urs all styleforum members. I want to tell members that I had just visited the website shoespalace and articles of this site are very interesting, informative and provide knowledge about trends, styles, technology and product quality of shoes today .. It's amazing site ..
semangka5563 is online now \t

lefty

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Mods, I have an odd request for an IP check on a banned member. When he was here, he would PM me like he knew me. I have suspicions that he's a previously banned member. If anyone is willing to do this, PM me.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not positive, but I think a spammer just called out another spammer in this thread, posts three and five.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
I'm not positive, but I think a spammer just called out another spammer in this thread, posts three and five.

Originally Posted by Project Swole
You messed up the URL, spammer.

This translates into: "Get your own corner, *****!"

laugh.gif

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
This translates into: "Get your own corner, *****!"

laugh.gif

lol8[1].gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Basically it was a dick move on Greekgeek's part. They were selling for $69 and $79 and one pair was going for $39 on Yoox - greekgeek bought some in sizes 9, 10.5, 12, and 13 and had the audacity to try to sell each pair for $249 shipped, but he was forced to self-squirrel his own thread in a vain attempt at damage-control because it quickly turned viral on account of all the thread-shitters outraged at his blatant attempt to make over $150 in profit per pair (i.e., turning a benevolent PSA into a quick $600 profit at the expense of community members who missed out). He also offered to buy a pair from someone for $79 before turning around and trying to flip all those different sizes for $249 each.
confused.gif

Economic Freedumz at its finest thanks to one slimy douchebag...

I'm going to weigh in on this. First of all, j. moderated the thread, then closed it, so it's done. Second, thread-crapping is against the rules.

However, imo, the OP acted unethically. The difference between this, and someone who buys tons of Incotex at Daffys for resale, is that the second is providing a service, while the first is really a scalper. Most of our readers are not physically able to get to Daffy's, so without the reseller, they would not have had access to those goods. However, pretty much everyone reading this post can purchase directly from Yoox. Yes, the forum has advertising, people make money on the B&S forum, etc... but it's the sense of community that makes Styleforum a place more and more people keep coming back to. Our hope is that people consider themselves part of this community, and act as responsible members.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
I think Artisan Fan has already forgotten the new rules in CE.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For restarting FS threads after he sold-bumped the first two and they got closed. I think he will be back soon now that he has gotten the message.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm handing out one-week vacations like candy the last couple days. Stop being douchebags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads