• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
never heard of mr. olive, but thanks for the blurb

Mr. Olive is a Japanese mainstream designer brand that has very high quality for the price. It is priced similarly to a brand like Wings+Horns but provides slightly higher quality.

Originally Posted by mlyngard
I worked sales in a downtown modern architectural and design showroom (furniture/lighting - think Eames and B&B). If I had the dosh back then, I totally would have dressed like that.

Yeah, I forgot to mention "sales". Often those guys have to dress-up a bit more, even in parts of the country where nobody dresses up.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
i recently bought a pair of brand spanking new C&J for RL for 80 bucks shipped. i think they were just slightly below handgrade standards. your cole haans were $100 bucks, i take issue with how EXPENSIVE they are, not with how inferior they are compared with my cheaper shoes. if they were cheaper than my C&J then maybe you would have a point, but not only are they more expensive, the brand has less prestige, the construction is worse, and the materials are worse. also, they are uglier. thats why i think its a bad buy.
Why the hell do you care what another person spends on shoes on the internet? The deal you got on yoox is an anomaly and only comes around once in a blue moon. Hell, I doubt if it weren't for SF you would've even known what C&J quality is or even found the deal you did. Not all Cole Haan offerings are utter crap, and are perfectly wearable shoes. I also doubt any of his peers would notice the difference between say CH or C&J, they both will like dressy shoes worn with jeans to them. People on this board take themselves too seriously at times.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i recently bought a pair of brand spanking new C&J for RL for 80 bucks shipped. i think they were just slightly below handgrade standards.

your cole haans were $100 bucks, i take issue with how EXPENSIVE they are, not with how inferior they are compared with my cheaper shoes. if they were cheaper than my C&J then maybe you would have a point, but not only are they more expensive, the brand has less prestige, the construction is worse, and the materials are worse. also, they are uglier. thats why i think its a bad buy.

goddamn shut the **** up. you've been on here for a year and a half and you're still a ******* tool.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
happy day, the item I was stalking on Yoox finally went on sale after 3 months!

and ppllzz, don't use your once in a lifetime $80 C&J find on Yoox to downgrade shoes that cost only slightly more, it's a dick move. Yeah I wouldn't buy Cole Haans myself but for a young guy they are pretty good shoes IMO and look a helluava lot better than any square toed or bicycle striped "dress shoes" 95% of his colleagues are wearing.

Wu Dynasty

Reaction score
i recently bought a pair of brand spanking new C&J for RL for 80 bucks shipped. i think they were just slightly below handgrade standards. your cole haans were $100 bucks, i take issue with how EXPENSIVE they are, not with how inferior they are compared with my cheaper shoes. if they were cheaper than my C&J then maybe you would have a point, but not only are they more expensive, the brand has less prestige, the construction is worse, and the materials are worse. also, they are uglier. thats why i think its a bad buy.
This is a terrible argument. Cheap C&Js come around like...never.

ldanny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Surprise in the mail, finally got my old man shoes that I've been waiting forever on. Been wanting burgundy shoes. Still waiting on my black captoes though.

16g9wkh.jpg

what are these? they look great.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just saying its a bad buy, thats all. people on here treat 100 bucks like its nothing but its actually not an insubstantial amount of money...

dont blow it on a pair of cole haans that are "on sale" (in quotations because those things are always on sale), spend it on something else, is all im trying to say.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyliu I love that you are lecturing noobs on not buying crap.

Please post more photo's of all the garbage RLBL you have bought.

Kid who is 17 what are you doing here???

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele

Maybe you'd like those RL loafers better if they were suede. RL has a product for everything you know....

suede-ralph-lauren-paint.jpg

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL.

ugh my friend makes $25.50 an hour at his work study job. i feel so poor. would have way more to contribute to this thread if i made half that ><

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele

crackup[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads