• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive)

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They ran out of letters?

I know the standard belief is higher letters are better but I have my doubts.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some more. Between 5 and 10 years old, I think; sorry I can't be more specific. I think the first one is a Zegna Z or other 'sporty' line (I could check tomorrow).

zegnasoftwolkasjmierpolna4.jpg

zegnawolpolyamideenelasuw5.jpg

zegnawolzijdeenlinnenoi4.jpg

zegnazijdeenkasjmierwa9.jpg

greenlantern

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clintonf
Nice one, thanks for the information. Out of interest, on some of the labels I've noticed a + where the fabric range is. Have you any idea what this represents?

Thanks

Clint

Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone knows the answer to this.

rayuela

Reaction score
Wondering about this sport coat I just purchased at Loehman's.

Sorry about the crappy pics. The inside label says Zegna Tessuto, which seems to mean it is just Zegna cloth, not design, but then also has what looks like a Zegna tag with all the numbers, etc. What do you make of this? I think it may have originally come from Barneys. Is this a Zegna jacket or just Zegna cloth?

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rayuela
Wondering about this sport coat I just purchased at Loehman's.

Sorry about the crappy pics. The inside label says Zegna Tessuto, which seems to mean it is just Zegna cloth, not design, but then also has what looks like a Zegna tag with all the numbers, etc. What do you make of this? I think it may have originally come from Barneys. Is this a Zegna jacket or just Zegna cloth?

All the indicators suggest that it's an Authentic E. Zegna made coat. I've not seen that colour label before, but it may just be the latest label that Zegna's using for their suits and coats.

So, in answer to your questions, yes it is a Zegna Jacket and yes it is Zegna cloth
smile.gif

Clint

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those labels look wierd to me. Maybe it's just the photos.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rayuela
Wondering about this sport coat I just purchased at Loehman's. Sorry about the crappy pics. The inside label says Zegna Tessuto, which seems to mean it is just Zegna cloth, not design, but then also has what looks like a Zegna tag with all the numbers, etc. What do you make of this? I think it may have originally come from Barneys. Is this a Zegna jacket or just Zegna cloth?
that's authentic. Zegna cloth and tailored in Zegna factories. a bunch of those wool/cashmere jackets have hit the outlets lately, and they look like they are coming from the Saks, Neiman, Bergdorf and Barneys mainline stores. they all have tags that look exactly like those.

slappy

Reaction score
Hey, I just got back from Off Fifth where I saw some Zegna suits. They had a bunch however all except one had on the inside 'Zegna for Saks' or something similar (I forget exactly). One however was priced higher and just had the Zegna logo. I am going to go back tomorrow and try to get a picture of the exact logo. The odd thing about the suit was that it looked unfinished, meaning that the cuffs on the jaket were not sewn together. They had some white thread through the end and will need to be sewn by a tailor. There were other things like this on the suit so it seemed like a custom style suit. Do you have any insight into if this is common practice on Zegna suits?

The price after their discount was going to be about 400-500. They had it originally priced at almost 2k, then moved to Off Fifth at 1000-1100 then marked down to 600 or so, and then finally a 25% discount. So the price seemed remarkable however I didn't purchase it for god knows why. I could always have taken it back later if it turned out to not be a great deal. Anyways Ill probably purchase it tomorrow, post about it

slappy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clintonf
All the indicators suggest that it's an Authentic E. Zegna made coat. I've not seen that colour label before, but it may just be the latest label that Zegna's using for their suits and coats.

So, in answer to your questions, yes it is a Zegna Jacket and yes it is Zegna cloth
smile.gif

Clint

I should add that I heard from a gentleman at the store that the Tessuto line is not made by Zegna, just their cloth.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would love to see the same analysis applied to Zegna's ties.

Green Lantern

Reaction score
Be careful of the Saks/Zegna stuff. Get the Suits that have the predominance of Ermenegildo Zegna labeling. The inside tag should also have a model type like "Fit Rom." The models types refer to the fall of the shoulder; whether it be natural or slightly padded. Saks has a line of Zegna cloth suits tailored by Vestimenta. But hey, there's a lot of Loro Piana stuff in Nordstrom line clothing as well. I am a EZ Mainline buyer. Can't do Couture and won't do Z Zegna nor Zegna Sport. Zegna doesn't make their own scarves anyway so you will see a lot of Zegna Cloth out there with regard to them. Best place to buy EZ is Neiman and Barney's, with Barney's being the best IMHO. Oh and go to the EZ site...they will graciously answer your label questions as well.

slappy

Reaction score
Well I had the price wrong somehow. The price before the 40% off was around 1250, so the price after was 750. The suit was indeed Zegna, it had the labeling listed on the inside of the jacket. On the other side of the jacket there was a big saks logo, but I am almost positive that the suit is Zegna cloth and Zegna made. Anyways I wanted a black or charcoal suit, this was a light gray so I decided it wasn't worth the money. The suit fit me better than most other suits do but eh Ill see in a month if its still there.

I also went to NM Last Call store on literally the border between San Diego and TJ. I was immensely disappointed with this store, all they had were large numbers of Hickey Freeman Ltd. suits (none of the mainline), and Boss suits. I thought they would have nice EZ suits, or at least some real HF. They did have some really hip looking Etro blazers that I thought about buying but they were priced too high for something Id only wear once in a while to a club.

In my experience Off Fifth is better than Nordstrom Rack or Last Call. Maybe the Last Call in San Diego is just a lower quality one however

Green Lantern

Reaction score
1250 as a price point?? ...must be Z Zegna.

slappy

Reaction score
The price at Saks was around 2k. The price at Off Fifth was 1250 on the tag, but it was in a section which said to take off 40% from the listed price. Like I said I didn't pull the trigger because it was more money than I wanted to spend for a suit whose color I wasn't interested in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics