• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cmsmith
in the apolis/filson thread, he had a good rant on never doing business with them again because they were just a bunch of money grubbers.

Yeah, remember that Apolis forced Mauro to drop the SFD. There might've been more but he dropped them in response.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Apolis makes Pinkberry's uniforms? lol

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
uncontrol try to be less of a *****. if you want to criticize mauro, do it in the thread itself, not here.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love this thread.

I do feel, however, that a lot of good stuff that should go into existing threads/new threads gets lost in here.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Can't blame me if he's coming out with hot fiya. Didn't know I had predictable taste though, next time I'll throw a curveball and hype about some workwear steez (10)
No offense meant, you are only predictable in the sense that you have stated your liking of MMM womenswear and also I got that email too and was waiting for someone to mention something from it.

Originally Posted by Teger
it feels like you're wearing a ******* liquid soft blanket.
What does this even mean?

Anyway, regarding motorcycles (i'm going to try to avoid sounding pretentious or what-have-you, sorry if I come off as such): i've always found them to be fascinating, and although I am not in the camp of fetishizing James Dean et al I am appreciative of the classic cool epitomized by that era. I find something beautiful in having someone hold you close as you wind through the city streets and countryside. Your companion is literally entrusting you with their life. The feeling of passing people is one of my favorite feelings in the world. I can see myself in ten years in a suit flying through traffic on a classic. Sleek. I just love the freedom a bike allows, a dual-sport can take you most anywhere you desire.

I've got so much to say on the topic and random related things but it would probably come out rather discombobulated and fragmented.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I need a bike too, but I can't even handle simple kitchen machinery without ******* myself up seriously. (0)
frown.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Yes, derailing his thread would be way less bitchy than expressing my thoughts in the topic for random thoughts.
It comes off as taking pot shots during your breaks from H&M lovefests.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I need a bike too, but I can't even handle simple kitchen machinery without ******* myself up seriously. (0)
frown.gif

aww muffin

Really could use a bike too, but with MontrÃ
00a9.png
al winter coming up I will probably just wait till Spring.

Originally Posted by whodini
It comes off as taking pot shots during your breaks from H&M lovefests.

Hey I like Mauro for the most part, I think he's a cool guy, but he's sort of using his customers as beta testers for jeans which I don't find very cool. I'm not a customer of his so I'm not going to start causing *********** thread, but I don't find it out of line to comment on other posts in this topic.

The comment from the Apolis thread was just amusingly ironic.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gravitas
What does this even mean?
You don't like it, the buttery soft descriptions that make no sense?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it makes perfect sense. mmmm... buttery soft

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep this thread has become the random chat thread.

To continue what Chrono was saying earlier about reselling clothes close to what we originally paid for them, I think it's cool and I was able to unload my all my EG for close to what I paid for it. No other interest of mine would garner such monetary returns, especially cars but now I'm replacing them with cheap basics that fit well and goes more with what I would I've come to want to look like. I'm sure I would have a hard time reselling this stuff tho.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thats.mana
To continue what Chrono was saying earlier about reselling clothes close to what we originally paid for them, I think it's cool and I was able to unload my all my EG for close to what I paid for it. No other interest of mine would garner such monetary returns, especially cars but now I'm replacing them with cheap basics that fit well and goes more with what I would I've come to want to look like. I'm sure I would have a hard time reselling this stuff tho.
I think it helps having SF approved items up for sale, as most of my EG, W+H, WWM, ect. items have sold quite quickly in the past. There are some good stuff up for sale as well that don't get much love here, which make it almost impossible to get sold.

tim_pnin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Clearly, the people who bought it do. This whole thing isn't about whether or not the number of bags that exist means anything to you or me, it's about saying, "we are selling you this bag that is limited to 200 copies," and then creating 200 more. Personally, I find the situation with retailers being cut out of the next run much more fascinating and deplorable.

It's supply and demand. The price was justified (or at least didn't appear to be outrageous) by the fact that the bag was a limited addition version of an iconic product. Lot's of demand, plus a low supply, equals a higher price/value. But now that there is twice (TWICE!) as much supply, the people who payed the higher price (or felt like they were acquiring something with more value) feel like they've been had. And they have been (I was one of them).

I would feel bad watching these Apolis guys run their business into the ground (and the fact that it is a business, and not some Mother Teresa charity project, has been made abundantly clear by their insanely stupid/greedy/traitorous decision to cut retailers out of the next run) if it weren't the case that they now appear to be baleful dicks. ****'em. I'm with Mauro and Crane's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads