• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Party Food That Rocks

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have only enough food to last 30-60 minutes. You don't want people shitfaced with expensive clothes around them eating food. Have food ready for the die hards the will come early to shoot the **** with you. Those with lives or that are too cool for school are SOL with food. Chances are they would have eaten already anyway.

*******, just order a bunch of boxes of McD chicken nuggets. You would be considered a god.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My fiance made a mean Buffalo Chicken Dip with her crockpot this past Halloween. If I remember correctly it's cooked chicken tenders, Blue cheese dressing, Cheddar, Hot Sauce, and some other stuff all put together and melted. Slightly messy, but if you get some Tostitos Scoops, you're all good.
thumbs-up.gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ld111134
Ro-Tel Dip - Melted velveeta mixed with a can of with Ro-Tel chopped tomatoes with jalapeno peppers. I used to have this all the time when I lived in Memphis...it's almost totally unknown north of the Mason-Dixon Line. http://www.ro-tel.com/recipe.jsp?act...2693&view=view

We had this in WA cept it was just salsa and Velveeta

Reaction score
Meatballs in BBQ Sauce, Pigs in a Blanket (LiL Smokie Sausages wrapped in crescent rolls and baked), Mini burgers, chicken nuggets/tenders, chips and dip, mini ham/turkey sandwiches, choc fountain....all easy to do

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ld111134
Ro-Tel Dip - Melted velveeta mixed with a can of with Ro-Tel chopped tomatoes with jalapeno peppers. I used to have this all the time when I lived in Memphis...it's almost totally unknown north of the Mason-Dixon Line. http://www.ro-tel.com/recipe.jsp?act...2693&view=view

That's ******* gross. Ro-Tel tastes more like the can than the peppers. Drowning it in Velveeta just makes it more disgusting.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can ask your local lebanese restaurant to deliver a bunch of mezze. Some cheese and meat sambuseks, some kebbe, pickled turnips, olives, etc... If you're worried that people's hands will get greasy/dirty, provide little wooden forks or sticks to eat them.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mauro do you want to cook or to order?

I bet Ray's would cook you up a couple nice plates of stuffed mushrooms, devilish eggs, mini crab cakes and such. And I bet you'd spend enough on it to totally negate the evening's sales.

Could go lebanese taverna and get grape leaves and cheeses and falafel and whole effing roasted lamb.

Does whole foods do catering? Their hot bar etc is usually good.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't beat cubes of cheese and pineapple on sticks. For extra calls stick them in half a melon to make a porcupine.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easy.

Prosciutto, sopressata, coppa, mortadella, fine cheeses and bread.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Easy.

Prosciutto, sopressata, gabba gu, mortadella, fine cheeses and bread.

fixed for the "you're really nothing like an actual Italian" Italians on here.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^lol if you only knew.

please keep it coming nothing is really jumping at me and with other companies and such cancelling holiday parties due to budgets I real want to give something nice to my customers and friends.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
fixed for the "you're really nothing like an actual Italian" Italians on here.

You forgot to leave the vowels off at the end of each word...

jobro

Reaction score
Wrap (rock) melon with prosciutto. Sounds weird but is very very good.

Soak water chestnuts in soy sauce and brown sugar for an hour or so (or longer!) in a bowl. Pick them out of the bowl and wrap in liberal amounts of bacon and toothpick. Grill (broil? I dont know, I'm Australian! - What ever heats from above) until bacon is crispy and serve. Easy way to to this is to have them toothpicked and ready to go on the tray you're going to cook them on.
Handy tip: line baking tray with alu foil.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unagi nigiri or grilled chicken wings. The unagi is relatively easy to come by and is already cooked - all you have to do is cut it up and put it under a broiler with the sauce and place it on hand-molded rice. The chicken wings just require any kind of sauce applied after it is grilled or broiled, then finished off to get the sauce to thicken/caramelize.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics