• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
I believe you that it's tight, but it doesn't really look too tight in the photos. Looks very good unzipped, really, don't you think?

Would you mind posting or editting in additional information? How you sized the jacket, your measurements, etc.

Funnily enough, I really like it in the pictures.

The measurements I gave, of myself rather than an existing piece of clothing, were:
s2s: 21"
chest: 42"
midsection: 38"
hips (where my pants go): 36"
bicep: 12"
elbow: 10.5"
wrist: 7"
And then he took it from there. I didn't provide anything in the way of special requests or alterations.

So if you're going to order, I suggest just taking accurate measurements of yourself.

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
also who seriously zips it up all the way

I probably would in chilly high winds or something, maybe?

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
also who seriously zips it up all the way

I did for a few days to stretch it out a bit more, also when I was dumb one day and just wore a tshirt when it was ******* freezing cold.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'd ever fully zip up a perfecto/dr, even in the cold.

And when it get's too cold, you just wear a different jacket/coat.

gwydion

Reaction score
You were right Drew. The winter varsity was warm in the -5C weather we have so far with just a shirt underneath so it should do well with some layering when temps dip some more. I just need me some TOJ gloves and a hat since I was freeeezing there.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yo, reprehensible - looks good man. I know you may not believe me right now, but it will loosen up slightly. When they turn those things back inside out after sewing them up, they don't always push them back out fully, etc, seams need to settle, and then of course the leather itself stretches. Give it a week of casual wearing. Don't try to burst the seams or anything because you might very well do that on fresh hard unstretched leather, but just go slowly with it, get it stretched in, and it will start giving more and more.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
oh and btw, the fact that it can be zipped up all the way is a sign that it fits and will stretch out. I'd be worried if it didn't zip all the way but that is not the case here.

Trombe

Reaction score
Pics of peacoat!!!! I'm dying refreshing this thread here
frown.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yo i am back here reviewing reprehensible's fit pics, and yeah it does look great. I know this sounds stupid, but with leather jackets I worry less about how they look zipped and more how they look unzipped. I know that doesn't fully apply to biker jackets for actual biking, but you want the swag to flow as well...

speaking of, the DR is the perfect jacket for reprehensible; the Bomber just wouldn:t do it for him and the Moto is almost a little soft looking as well, he needs that calf DR and it works.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i am pulling my weekly all-nighter here tonight so I plan to get up to date on emails before I head out for the day. Gotta go down to the country to look at the place where they're gonna make the TOJ slim oxford shirts...
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
yo i am back here reviewing reprehensible's fit pics, and yeah it does look great. I know this sounds stupid, but with leather jackets I worry less about how they look zipped and more how they look unzipped. I know that doesn't fully apply to biker jackets for actual biking, but you want the swag to flow as well...

speaking of, the DR is the perfect jacket for reprehensible; the Bomber just wouldn:t do it for him and the Moto is almost a little soft looking as well, he needs that calf DR and it works.

Yeah, I'm really liking it so far, and I'm just trusting the tightness will abate some over time. It looks exactly like I wanted when it's open, and that's the way I wear most jackets when the wind isn't killing me, so.

Hidden benefit on day #1: encourages good posture! The armholes are comfortable when I'm standing straight, and slightly uncomfortable when I slouch. Benefit goes away if I zip the jacket up, because it will keep my my torso rigidly unslouching on its own.
smile.gif

I could go on at length about the awesomeness of the thing itself. I love the cut of the arms. The length is just right for me. The leather, oh the leather. It's definitely heavy and thick, but it isn't stiff. Just way nicer than any other jacket I've handled. You can really tell how well it's going to break in, handling it new.

I'm a little bit wishing I had gotten no belt loops, because I really don't see myself using the belt (which is a lot longer than I expected) much at all, but they don't really bother me.

I am going to try to take some better pictures; the jacket deserves more than some shots in front of my shower curtain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads