• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Bad Taste Offs

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Voted for myself...at least then me and IamMatt can agree on something.
eh.gif

Oy. You're not allowed to be gracious! Jeezus, now I feel bad about voting for Moo.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
If he were just a fun kicking post, I'd be sympathetic--in fact, I'd probably stick up for him. However, he's not nearly so passive or innocent as that.

You don't like that I'm short or that I criticize your clothes on a clothing forum, but I'm the one with a complex?

Foo, you are the instigator in every one of our chats. You always talk **** about my clothes (I don't care how you put it - you're talking **** and you and I both know you wouldn't say **** in "real life"), and I always come back with "I can alter the jacket but you can't alter your height." I'm really good at just plodding away, so as long as you bring the hate, I'll bring the lulz.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh no you guys have it all wrong. I'm the undisputed master of style run amuck. Who else in their right mind would wear a dark charcoal suit with no belt, an Under Armor Cold Gear long sleeve pullover shirt and dirty nasty **** kicker Ariat roper boots in public?

4.jpg

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
there is bad taste and there is bad fit, we should be clear what we are voting on. This will come as a shock but, recently, I do not think Moo's taste has been bad, but his fit has (I have not seen his cemetery outfit). KB is another one where it is more the fit than the taste, exotic skin shoes not withstanding. For me, if I were to vote, which I am not, I would look at it from the perspective of who on the list has the least amount, if any, of clothing that I would wear. There are others not on this list that would get my vote before any of those on it.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
there is bad taste and there is bad fit, we should be clear what we are voting on. This will come as a shock but, recently, I do not think Moo's taste has been bad, but his fit has (I have not seen his cemetery outfit). KB is another one where it is more the fit than the taste, exotic skin shoes not withstanding. For me, if I were to vote, which I am not, I would look at it from the perspective of who on the list has the least amount, if any, of clothing that I would wear. There are others not on this list that would get my vote before any of those on it.

I'll be the first to admit that the fit on some things isn't up to SF standards. Nothing is egregiously bad, and eventually it'll work out nicely. Remember, I'm still losing weight and don't want to alter things too early, so the pants in my pic from Sunday are a good bit loose at the thigh - this is an example.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Oh yes, what a terrible thing to wear to a cemetery.
plain.gif

And regarding fit... it fits fine. It's not perfect. It's not bespoke or MTM. It's not to your standard. Get over it.

4t0gmb.jpg

I like this....I mean I like it a lot.

What I like most is the way the pocket square picks up the door.

Moo 1 Mafoofan 0

Bravo....

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel

This.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Foo, you are the instigator in every one of our chats. You always talk **** about my clothes (I don't care how you put it - you're talking **** and you and I both know you wouldn't say **** in "real life"), and I always come back with "I can alter the jacket but you can't alter your height." I'm really good at just plodding away, so as long as you bring the hate, I'll bring the lulz.

That's what you don't get: I'm not just "talking ****." You've been around here long enough to know that I am nothing if not frank. That you can't understand the difference between talking about someone's clothes on a clothing forum and sad attempts at personal insults continues to baffle me.

And good god, I hope you aren't confused about the difference between Styleforum and real life.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I want to like and respect you, and I understand that Moo is a fun kicking-post, but god you're an insufferable dick sometimes.

sometimes.........................................

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
That's what you don't get: I'm not just "talking ****." You've been around here long enough to know that I am nothing if not frank. That you can't understand the difference between talking about someone's clothes on a clothing forum and sad attempts at personal insults continues to baffle me. And good god, I hope you aren't confused about the difference between Styleforum and real life.
There is no different between making fun of someone's height or their clothing: both are personally insulting. What baffles me is the amount of time you spend making fun of other peoples' clothing, while rarely saying anything positive about anything posted in WAYWRN. And yes, Foo, no matter how you twist it 200 posts about a bespoke suit, or constantly picking at tiny details in my fits is a way of making fun of the way something fits. Your agenda as an angry clothing snob is crystal clear. What isn't clear is why you portray yourself as such online when not being like this in "real life". If you're claiming a large variance between your online persona and your real life persona, than you're just a fake dude.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
gdl203 and iammatt, I salute you.

- B

Saw that.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There is no different between making fun of someone's height or their clothing: both are personally insulting.

First of all, I contribute very little to the 'fun' that is made of your clothes. I have, on the other hand, criticized your clothes extensively and in detail. I think that's only appropriate on this sort of forum--I've never been hostile to criticism directed at what I wear.

Second, the difference between my height and your clothing is threefold: (1) I never claimed not to be short, (2) clothing and taste are as much a matter off choice as birth, and (3) for the last f*cking time, this is a forum for discussing clothes.

What baffles me is the amount of time you spend making fun of other peoples' clothing, while rarely saying anything positive about anything posted in WAYWRN. And yes, Foo, no matter how you twist it 200 posts about a bespoke suit, or constantly picking at tiny details in my fits is a way of making fun of the way something fits. Your agenda as an angry clothing snob is crystal clear. What isn't clear is why you portray yourself as such online when not being like this in "real life". If you're claiming a large variance between your online persona and your real life persona, than you're just a fake dude.

If you press me, I'll respond to this point by point, but I think it's pretty clear what's going on here. You can take comfort in the fact that there are many who agree with your perspective, but I really couldn't care less.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads