• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A selvage garment does not technically require more material, but since you have to use the edge material the waste is more significant.

i'm not familiar w/ the fit of the of the standard oxfords, but the selvage ones do fit quite slim. I'm 6'3, 175 and lean and I wear an L.

cromagged

Reaction score
anyone pick up the cinch backs? i can't get down with those cartoony-big pockets

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've worn both and they definitely are cut differently. I have 3 of the selvedge oxford shirts.

StarterStyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cromagged
anyone pick up the cinch backs? i can't get down with those cartoony-big pockets

They're great if you have a cartoony-big ass.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
A selvage garment does not technically require more material, but since you have to use the edge material the waste is more significant.

i'm not familiar w/ the fit of the of the standard oxfords, but the selvage ones do fit quite slim. I'm 6'3, 175 and lean and I wear an L.

Any idea what the sleeve length is on an L or XL. I am 6'3" about 200 with 36" sleeves. Generally I need an XL for the sleeve length, but the body is tent like.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by London
I've worn both and they definitely are cut differently. I have 3 of the selvedge oxford shirts.
Thanks for the info. If anyone has or knows where I can find a white selvedge oxford in size S, hit me up!

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
Any idea what the sleeve length is on an L or XL. I am 6'3" about 200 with 36" sleeves. Generally I need an XL for the sleeve length, but the body is tent like.

Sounds like an XL won't be too enormous on you. Lucky for you, I have this bookmarked from way back in this thread. See how it looks compared to how your better fitting shirts measure out...

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=3277

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
will someone be kinda enough to re-post the RRL pics from whodini's photo thingy

noel_esq.

Reaction score
How common are the RRL jeans that are made in Japan and are they of lesser quality?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
will someone be kinda enough to re-post the RRL pics from whodini's photo thingy
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/whodini
Originally Posted by noel_esq.
How common are the RRL jeans that are made in Japan and are they of lesser quality?
The majority of RRL jeans have been made in Japan. RRL denim quality has remained consistent over the years.

noel_esq.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/whodini

The majority of RRL jeans have been made in Japan. RRL denim quality has remained consistent over the years.

Ok thanks, i bought some RRL jeans at Buffalo Exchange today for $17 and they're my favoirte jeans already. The denim feels heavier than most jeans, are all RRL selvedge?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noel_esq.
The denim feels heavier than most jeans, are all RRL selvedge?
You've probably never owned anything over 12oz before.

Most RRL jeans, not all over the course of many seasons, are selvage.

noel_esq.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
You've probably never owned anything over 12oz before.

Most RRL jeans, not all over the course of many seasons, are selvage.

You're right, i'm used to wearing Abercrombie and American Eagle Jeans. Also bought some APC Original Standards for $22.

soonami

Reaction score
My RRL Straight Legs with about 7-8months effective wear:
4031277002_dc978cf9bf.jpg
4030526449_187783fa40.jpg
4031284484_d39a6e02a0.jpg
4030519147_572a46cbe2.jpg
fit I will wash these soon and then post more pics

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads