• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
But if they fade fast, they'll be in that "perfect" stage for even less time, wouldn't they.

if you want your denim to fade fast, they usually end up with tons of stitching problems, holes, etc... esp from not washing for a year...

im washing much more frequently lately...

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
My gf wears cheap stuff and knockoffs but still looks good. Today I hung out with some girl that is loaded and wears a bunch of high-end items all the time. Didn't realize it makes such a ******* difference in how you look.

completely true man, it's depth. Plenty of nice looking Korean birds in my parts all the time, and when i go out fabric shopping or go down to Itaewon during the day/late afternoon (this makes all the difference in the world for Itaewon) there are lots of great looking girls, but they're all wearing $20 shoes and $20 outfits, and they only look good enough in passing. One reason why I like Japanese girls; they just dress better.
My girlfriend has a bunch of disposable junk because I guess she figures she's not gonna be here for a long time, but she is always pulling out random nice stuff once in awhile; I just saw the other night that she has a nice long wool Chanel coat tucked away in a chanel dustbag, she has some dolce and gabbana that is actually pretty cute, she pulls out random MMM and stuff like that. Korean girls don't have wardrobes with that kind of depth. I wish I had a girl who had some Rick Owens tucked away, daily wore MMM stuff all the time, maybe wore some really worn-in APC or something on Sundays when we're sitting around the house.... wait... the female version of me, I guess.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think we all want the female versions of ourselves. I remember in psych class they had an experiment where they asked male participants to rank pics of girls in terms of beauty and the picture that was the feminized version of themselves almost always had top rank.

What is with all these Ann Demeulemeester bags I see around in South Korea? They don't look Ann D, but it says Ann D in clearly visible letters on the side of the bag. I've seen them 4 times, twice in seoul, twice in Daejeon. I've also seen a bag that says number nine on the side. Didn't know Ann D or n(9) had branded/labeled bags. Never seen them in their shops. But then again I never really looked at their bags.

Also none of these beezies dress in Ann D. It's like cheap ****, cheap ****, and bam Ann D in decently huge ******* letters.

P.S. DIS!!! PLEASE DON'T DISCONTINUE THE LEATHERS UNTIL I CAN AFFORD ONE!! Buying an interview suit set me back some. please oh please oh please.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
I think we all want the female versions of ourselves. I remember in psych class they had an experiment where they asked male participants to rank pics of girls in terms of beauty and the picture that was the feminized version of themselves almost always had top rank.

What is with all these Ann Demeulemeester bags I see around in South Korea? They don't look Ann D, but it says Ann D in clearly visible letters on the side of the bag. I've seen them 4 times, twice in seoul, twice in Daejeon. I've also seen a bag that says number nine on the side. Didn't know Ann D or n(9) had branded/labeled bags. Never seen them in their shops. But then again I never really looked at their bags.

Also none of these beezies dress in Ann D. It's like cheap ****, cheap ****, and bam Ann D in decently huge ******* letters.

lol every girl at my high school has one of those bags. I bet you 100% if I wear any of my ann d no one will give a ****. In Korea it's all about blasting in your face that you are rich by showing brand names and tags, not actually being decked out in it.

I'll admit the one thing I wanted to slap the girl I was with today about was that she left tags on her coat sleeve. Really wanted to just give her a seam ripper and say you missed one.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a pair of Uniqlo S-000's that he's been wearing for 2 years. Not the japanese denim, mind you, the regular blue jean Uniqlos. They've faded basically to him in a way that just looks totally sick. Kind of made me wonder why I'm even bothering with the whole selvedge thing if he's rocking a look that I'm going for for a fraction of the price.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
those ann d totes are cheesy as ****, but basically they make the same exact tote/bowling bag every year and just print something different on them every year. many years ago it was 'HARAJUKU' on the side. Real Ann D purses have dustbags that are nicer than those totes. (0) There is also a CDG one and also a 'N HOLLYWOOD' (sic) in the same style, except the latter has no logoing, it's just straight Helvetica or something. They've been doing this forever.

I know they exist, but I've never met a Korean person who actually wears any cool **** beyond the usual suspects. If I did, I probably wouldn't have been able to figure it out, because Koreans style everything terribly.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
A friend of mine has a pair of Uniqlo S-000's that he's been wearing for 2 years. Not the japanese denim, mind you, the regular blue jean Uniqlos. They've faded basically to him in a way that just looks totally sick. Kind of made me wonder why I'm even bothering with the whole selvedge thing if he's rocking a look that I'm going for for a fraction of the price.
Yeah Uniqlos fade really well, and when you consider their price, it's a good deal. In store if I rub the jeans with my fingers I get a slight indigo color coming off. All things considered I fit really well TTS so I should get a pair of S-000s one of these days.
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
those ann d totes are cheesy as ****, but basically they make the same exact tote/bowling bag every year and just print something different on them every year. many years ago it was 'HARAJUKU' on the side. Real Ann D purses have dustbags that are nicer than those totes. (0) There is also a CDG one and also a 'N HOLLYWOOD' (sic) in the same style, except the latter has no logoing, it's just straight Helvetica or something. They've been doing this forever. I know they exist, but I've never met a Korean person who actually wears any cool **** beyond the usual suspects. If I did, I probably wouldn't have been able to figure it out, because Koreans style everything terribly.
Like I said this girl I hung out with today seems to be a strange outlier or something. All real and high quality items in her fit, only bad thing was leaving a tag on the sleeves. Actually surprised, her family has gotta be loaded since she doesn't work either and she's younger than me. And **** I remember the Harajuku totes.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow. So they're fake/not actually Ann D? I thought it was a cash cow thing. I guess not.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum

I don't think there's anything wrong with this, especially when it comes to personality. I tend to be attracted to women who are very different from me, and the results are always disastrous.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
my girlfriend and i share almost every single interest and it owns
cool.gif

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If i'm not mistaken, all Uniqlo denim is Japanese denim, the higher-end jeans are actually Made in Japan.

I definitely fall within the camp of looking for myself in a partner. I want someone who can keep up (hiking, biking, climbing, and walking [I walk quite fast, long strides
laugh.gif
]).

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I don't think there's anything wrong with this, especially when it comes to personality. I tend to be attracted to women who are very different from me, and the results are always disastrous.
Actually I don't think there's anything wrong with it either if it's in terms of personality, but I thought it was weird that people were attracted to people that looked like them.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gravitas
If i'm not mistaken, all Uniqlo denim is Japanese denim, the higher-end jeans are actually Made in Japan.

I definitely fall within the camp of looking for myself in a partner. I want someone who can keep up (hiking, biking, climbing, and walking [I walk quite fast, long strides
laugh.gif
]).

Maybe we're all narcissists? We're on a forum called 'styleforum' so.... haha.

I have never had a girlfriend who matches me too well, then again I've never had a relationship last for more than like 3-6 months until now. I like homely girls but they usually can't keep up with my steez, and I like fast girls and they too end up showing their homely side when they realize my brain is all over the place. Wish I had more money so I could dress any beezy I like the look of in head to toe MMM and we'd be done and good to go.

Brian SD

Reaction score
^^ word. My gf likes my style and isn't bothered with my leather shoes obsession, nor does she mind walking around aimlessly while I talk to SAs in broken Japanese. But she pretty openly admits that she doesn't have an interest in keeping up her steez, so if she's gonna dress up steezy, it's pretty much up to me (to buy or at least decide on) what she wears. And I'd rather just buy my own **** because when it comes down to it she's gorgeous and doesn't need clothing to make up for physical shortcomings like I do.
laugh.gif
BTW drew, I was just pulling out my Korean black leather jacket to compare leather, and its so funny, I thought mine was good quality (and it really isn't bad, leather is about on par with Geller), but after wearing and feeling the TOJ moto, it feels more like styrofoam or neoprene in comparison. Keep up that good work. Looking forward to bags and peacoats. And I'll buy some gloves too, so long as they're lined (Juun J gloves are beautiful but aren't functional past December).

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
and also a 'N HOLLYWOOD' (sic) in the same style, except the latter has no logoing, it's just straight Helvetica or something. They've been doing this forever.
lol, is n hoolywood a popular enough brand in korea to warrant a tote bag of its own? and then spelling it wrong on top of that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads