• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vacuum Cleaners

Hazad

Reaction score
I've wasted far too much money buying ****** vacuum cleaners (and by ****** I mean up to $200 per) that stop working within a year or simply never pick up everything in the first place. I'll never buy anything less than a Dyson again.

chas

Reaction score
I just used my new Miele S5 for the first time last night and can tell you that it was worth every penny.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by earthdragon
Thanks Guys - appreciate all the comments/feedback.
In all honesty though, I couldn't give a toss what she buys.
I'm happy forking out the $$$ for Shoes and watches, but just can't get my head around $800 for a vacuum cleaner...

Get a Dyson Animal on sale at Target for $349. Put the remaining $451 into discount shoes or one SF approved shirt.
laugh.gif

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I have the Miele Blue Moon. Well made but the Dyson simply picks up more. Save $500 and get a Dyson or get a Dyson and some discount EGs.

Read that this was due to stiffer bristles, so it is actually ripping off some of the carpet fibers.

I love my Miele, not to mention, the thing doesn't leak, so you don't need to dust after vacuuming.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've thought about a Dyson, but that designer is so full of himself that I cant bring myself to make the purchase.

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for the same money you can get 2 vacuum robots. she can clean your shoes then ..

montyharding

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Read that this was due to stiffer bristles, so it is actually ripping off some of the carpet fibers. I love my Miele, not to mention, the thing doesn't leak, so you don't need to dust after vacuuming.
Too true. It's better thought out for the use and works better, period. The Dyson is for the Apple-loving 'brains only in their eyes' set.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montyharding
Too true. It's better thought out for the use and works better, period. The Dyson is for the Apple-loving 'brains only in their eyes' set.
I wish this was true as I like my Miele but the hard truth is our Dyson picks up a ton of dirt after we have used the Miele on the same carpet. Back in the day, the Blue Moon cost $1,100. I could have purchased a Dyson and a pair of Edward Greens. Also the Dyson does not leak dust so I don't know what that comment is about.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montyharding

Some people love to be contrarian when it comes to successful designs. They think it's cool to be that way. Others just enjoy benefitting from better designs without thinking whether their opinions on vacuum cleaners makes them cool or not.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might want to think about a Roomba. The small maintenance cleanings let you space out manual vacuum cleanings. You can program it to clean when you are at work so you never have to see or hear it.

Bird's One View

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had a Miele for five or six years. I like it better than any other vacuum I've used. I've never had a Dyson, but I know people who do, and they like them.

So far, the Miele has failed once. The spool that retracts the power cord broke in such a manner that no power was transmitted to the machine. Repair was about a hundred dollars. This pissed me off.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just pulled the Trigger on a Miele S Series - 'Calypso'.
Time will tell, how it works out for her.

CyanideDragon

Reaction score
We've been using an Oreck XL21 for about the past 3 years and found it works nicely. It gets free tune ups every year for free so all i have to do it buy bags about once a year. If there is an Oreck store near by, I recommend stopping in a trying them out.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My current one is a Sears Kenmore, but I wouldn't recommend it. This thread has helped me think about brands to consider for my next vacuum cleaner.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dyson cleaners definitely are the best, casue you know I can see the dust being swirled inside the clear plastic canister. And also that yellow ball is so gorgeous I don't even hide my Dyson in a closet I proudly display it in my living room. I heard they are coming out with Super Cyclone digital Faraday motor with giant Blue Balls. I 'll be first in line.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads