• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pocket knives

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious who carries knives with them on a daily basis. I keep a small case stockman on me for work and a larger kershaw assisted open folder when I'm not working. Any one else? Any collectors on here?

dl

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I frequently hit several of the custom knife shows, though I haven't in the last few years. They have gotten a little wild for my tastes. I was never really into folders, so I carry few interesting folders. Some random things from ImageShack:
96389493.jpg
Hiroo Itou 5" Petty, damascus style rendered in stainless.
stfij6.jpg
Henckles folder -- made sense for me as I used to use their knives primarily in the kitchen.
6924oi5.jpg
Forgot who did that one. Nothing special.
belt%20knives.jpg
I often wear one of these when it is not contravened by law. Sadly the maker has passed away. But they were convenient and had none of the drawbacks of folders, nor a fixed blade's poor carryability. He also made me a liner-lock folder in titanium with grey wood scales in the above that I carry sometimes. I used to keep a Victorinox Ranger in my day bag, but it was replaced with a Leatherman. Have no pics of any of the custom pieces available at the moment -- some of Herb Derr's work, and the big Odin bowie hanging in its glass shadowbox over my shoulder. We do have/had one custom knifemaker here on the forum. ~ H

Godot

Reaction score
I've been known to carry one on occasion

contempory.jpg

buck.jpg

DSCF0001-1-1.jpg

top5.jpg

I've always felt that a men should have a good pen-watch and knife.
eh.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
There's another pocketknife thread here somewhere. I carry a Benchmade Stryker M2HS pretty much all the time, except with a suit or formalwear when I have a more civilized looking one or nothing.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I carry a Cold Steel Vaquero folder. Solid knife, and cheap enough that when I lose it I won't be heart broken.

Edsal17

Reaction score
Wow, A REKAT Sifu. I had one with a stonewashed blade. They had sweet blades. Not so great locks if I remember.

d

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Godot

I've always felt that a men should have a good pen-watch and knife.
eh.gif

Add quality lighter to that mix and I'm with you 100%

Very nice examples guys.

I'll check out that other thread J, thanks

DL

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a small custom made fixed blade. small blade and a finger ring. very useful. I carry it pretty much everywhere when I am not flying

bob99

Reaction score
I have a few Benchmade balisongs, but I don't carry them due to illegalness. I'd love to get a Sandshark OTF automatic, just as a letter opener.

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Thanks to "Spoopoker" for the mention. Here's one of the "mini-balisongs" that I made (This pic is three different views of the same knife shown as a collage):
TopoGigio2Compositephoto2.jpg
Here's another....
TopoGigio5OpenscissorsPH.jpg
TopoGigio5ClosedPH.jpg
Here's another style of folder. I was trying to come up with something that appeared aerodynamic:
TropicalBird-Full72plus.jpg
TropicalBird-SpineTight72.jpg
Here's a fixed blade that I made a few years back. Although I normally only use the "stock removal" method to make my blades...this is one that I forged:
PersianFighterCC-72.jpg
If you're interested in this sort of thing... may I recommend a book:
Cover-Reduced2.jpg
Did I mention that I am the co-author?
wink.gif
Hope you enjoyed these. Dennis

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow those are awesome ospreyguy

dl

Godot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edsal17
Wow, A REKAT Sifu. I had one with a stonewashed blade. They had sweet blades. Not so great locks if I remember.

d

I've heard that too, but never experienced any problems with it. I've also never understood how the Round Eye Knife and Tool company went out of biz. They had such great designs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads