• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RULES for the tall and skinny man

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We should have a list for very slim jeans. I just bought 2 pairs of raf simons jeans and they are really skinny. Probably not what people on Mens Clothing would want though. Also Dior jeans are quiet slim.

splattered

Reaction score
The first post suggests nudie slims... are all nudie raw/dry whatever?

I know absolutely nothing about that whole craze... i'm still buying stuff like diesel 7fam etc for now

I'm wanting to cut down on what i have and only keep 2-3 pairs from each brand but i dunno what else to look for that wouldnt require too much maintenance and that i CAN wash after every 4-5 wears haha

Sebastian_Flyte

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
The first post suggests nudie slims... are all nudie raw/dry whatever?

I know absolutely nothing about that whole craze... i'm still buying stuff like diesel 7fam etc for now

I'm wanting to cut down on what i have and only keep 2-3 pairs from each brand but i dunno what else to look for that wouldnt require too much maintenance and that i CAN wash after every 4-5 wears haha

Nudie also sells washed styles. Not just raw.

Don't be so quick to follow SF group-think. If Diesel, 7FAM, or whatever works for you, great. Levi's now makes a whole slew of slim (and skinny) jeans-- Urban Outfitters is just one place that carries them. They don't fit me as well as Nudie's, but everyone's body is different-- they may fit someone else better.

In response to the guy a few posts back, the trick for the skinny man is to find jeans that fit slim, but not skin-tight (or "skinny") below the knee. The reason I like Nudie Slim Jims so much is because they strike that perfect balance on my legs.

I have never had jeans tapered at the tailor but I imagine it's no more difficult than tapering any other pants.

splattered

Reaction score
Ok cool... what cut are you referring to? I see a ton on revolve... regular ralph, slim jim, lab alph, something tim, etc... haha

Getzione

Reaction score
bump.
Great thread, Sebastian. I have alot of trouble finding clothes myself. Especially shirts! Never tried Vmclothing before. How wide is the 'Wide Italian Spread Collar'?
A pic would be great!

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the jeans: I personally have never found a pair of jeans that fits better and is more comfortable than Levis matchsticks. The brushed cotton cords are amazing.

Sebastian_Flyte

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Getzione
bump.
Great thread, Sebastian. I have alot of trouble finding clothes myself. Especially shirts! Never tried Vmclothing before. How wide is the 'Wide Italian Spread Collar'?
A pic would be great!

I would contact Vishal (the owner of VM) and ask him to send you a pic-- he's a good guy and very helpful.

utspg

Reaction score
Hey what do you guys do for undershirts? Both T-shirts and A-shirts?

While I agree that a button-down looks better sans undershirt, I sweat. Which means if I don't wear some type of undershirt, my nice shirts get pit stains.

So, I'm forced to wear undershirts. The problem: to get one that's not baggy, I have to get a medium or small...which is so short that it always becomes untucked during the day. This leaves me with a sloppy "undershirt untucked and poofing around the waist while my button-down is still tucked" look.

Any suggestions for taller shirts? I would think a tall medium (in the typical elastic ribbed style A-frame shirt) would work well.

NOTE: Being that this is an undershirt and no one will ever see it, I don't want to spend a ton of cash on them.

Thanks

stringer

Reaction score
Hey guys, it's cold as **** outside. Whats a tall, thin guy with long arms supposed to do for a jacket? I have gone to every clothing store within 100 miles and tried on countless jackets. The only ones that have enough length in a medium sleeve is hollister/abercrombie offerings. And their stuff is either logo-plastered, or full-cut which looks like ass on me. I tried looking up "H&M Jackets" but even google couldn't find any, so I doubt they exist. What am I supposed to do?
confused.gif

Sebastian_Flyte

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stringer
Hey guys, it's cold as **** outside. Whats a tall, thin guy with long arms supposed to do for a jacket? I have gone to every clothing store within 100 miles and tried on countless jackets. The only ones that have enough length in a medium sleeve is hollister/abercrombie offerings. And their stuff is either logo-plastered, or full-cut which looks like ass on me. I tried looking up "H&M Jackets" but even google couldn't find any, so I doubt they exist. What am I supposed to do?
confused.gif

H&M has little availability online-- get to a bigger city and visit a store.

Spiewak medium jackets have longer than usual arms and are slimmer than other brands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads