• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There've been quite a few, pg. There are a few in this thread, but the majority of them are in the Epaulet/SF flannel thread.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we expect another run on the black tartan or the purple flannel in Large? I'm sweating pretty hard for both right now

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
There've been quite a few, pg. There are a few in this thread, but the majority of them are in the Epaulet/SF flannel thread.

Originally Posted by justtemple
my good deed for the day...

Thanks, looks great, def. going to pick one up

Justtemple, have you notice any considerable shrinkage after washing that, so much as to warrant a size up?

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
Can we expect another run on the black tartan or the purple flannel in Large? I'm sweating pretty hard for both right now

Yeah, is there an ETA on another run? I am deciding between the brown, red and purple but you are out of all 3.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sorry about all the sold-outs, the interest with Purple Flannels has been insane. I'll definitely do one more run of 20 pieces. So that we ensure the best possible size breakdown, I'll put up the shirt item for sale next week. We'll then skew the sizes according to what everyone buys. I should be able to get delivery by Dec 20th or 21st.

Thanks,
Mike

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'9", 31 inch waist, 40 R jacket and this is what a size large shirt from Epaulet looks like on me. I thought I would wear a medium but Mike said to go with a large. Good call, the shirt fits me well.

shameless1.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
I'm 5'9", 31 inch waist, 40 R jacket and this is what a size large shirt from Epaulet looks like on me. I thought I would wear a medium but Mike said to go with a large. Good call, the shirt fits me well.

shameless1.jpg

Awe yeah, we love that picture! Thanks again Karl.

I have to say, though, that Karl bought the limited edition Woodblock shirt. That was from a single roll of Sea Island-quality yukata fabric. It's insanely fine gauge, so that particular shirt made up on the smaller side. If you have similar measurements to Karl, then a medium would probably be the better size for you - especially in the flannels and chambrays.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like I said, the guy knows his stuff. I would have bought an XL flannel since I like my flannels to be a bit looser. So once again Mike comes through and I'll order a large instead.

Mike, I'll take a purple flannel in large when they come in.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am 6'1" 185 lbs. slim, wear a med. in gitman and usually an xl or l in BoO depending on the shirt... I am guessing I would need an Epaulet Large...

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
I am 6'1" 185 lbs. slim, wear a med. in gitman and usually an xl or l in BoO depending on the shirt... I am guessing I would need an Epaulet Large...

Epaulet large sounds like it would be good for you. I'm pretty much the same sizes as you and my Epaulet L fits beautifully.

jdomin2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Awe yeah, we love that picture! Thanks again Karl. I have to say, though, that Karl bought the limited edition Woodblock shirt. That was from a single roll of Sea Island-quality yukata fabric. It's insanely fine gauge, so that particular shirt made up on the smaller side. If you have similar measurements to Karl, then a medium would probably be the better size for you - especially in the flannels and chambrays.
I have this same shirt and it is flat out amazing. Would you recommend bringing it to a tailor to make the neck smaller though, or is this type of tailoring too high risk/not possible?

bob_gnarly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr

A large would probably be good. I'm 6'2/6'3 and 155lbs and have bought the medium flannel and it fits me good. I'm guessing your chest is larger than mine, so the extra room in the chest would fit you well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads