• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cod5.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
The crane isn't the only 'glitch' on Highrise. There's a way to get on top of one of the buildings and be able to shoot without being seen.

Not as bad as the one in WaW where people could go underground, of course.

Not glitches, they're intentional, I'm almost sure that IW put them in there for them to be intentionally discovered and used (why else all the teddy bears?). Eitherway this is nothing new, people have always been doing similar jumps to access interesting areas (some I believe in MW were truly unintended) and the Highrise one just seemed like a really obviously inside joke for previous MW multiplayer gamer. And also, just not a big deal, people can still get shot, the non-crane glitch is fairly difficult to do and leaves you vulnerable for a *long* time while you set it up, and aircraft can still get you too. It's not a game breaking completely unfair advantage (like say all the moon jumps in Halo 2 that let you get way way way above the map).

Also, regarding campers, kill cam people, use it. Someone kills you and they're camping, you can find out where they are and kill them because you have the advantage. Not difficult (if they're camping).

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to pick this up tomorrow. I always liked Socom better. COD just seemed so easy to get kills, anyone could be good at it. A girl I know plays COD, and when she switched over and tried to play Socom, she could barley get a kill. I hope this one is not as much run and gun and more strategy...On that note I have dawn of discovery for pc to fill my strategy void.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A death perk I'd like more than martyr or last stand would be a dot on your screen showing you where the last person who killed you is, until you die.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tried the MP5 last night. Scope shooting was annoying w/ the recoil. :S

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Also, regarding campers, kill cam people, use it. Someone kills you and they're camping, you can find out where they are and kill them because you have the advantage. Not difficult (if they're camping).

No kill-cam in hardcore ;\\. It can get really ridiculous.

As of recent I have been owning with the UMP 45 silenced with marathon pro, cold blooded, and ninja. I have been running circles around the other team and keep moving from spot to spot and no one can ever catch me
devil.gif

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why in the world would you ever play with kill cam on?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
Why in the world would you ever play with kill cam on?

It deters people from camping.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
It deters people from camping.

+1.

Finally unlocked Bling last night, so my bread-and-buttah is ever so sweet:

M4 (Bling) w/ Sliencer + Red Dot
Marathon/Lightweight/Scrambler (or Commando)

Also I'm actually starting to like Wasteland. And Tactical Insertion is great when used well (esp for Domination/HQ).

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
+1.

Finally unlocked Bling last night, so my bread-and-buttah is ever so sweet:

M4 (Bling) w/ Sliencer + Red Dot
Marathon/Lightweight/Scrambler (or Commando)

Also I'm actually starting to like Wasteland. And Tactical Insertion is great when used well (esp for Domination/HQ).

With this combination you can run the entire map and stab someone from about 40 feet away before the get off a shot. The Commando Pro is probably the best perk in the game. Sure, stopping power is good, but being able to fall from 40 feet and have no damage is great.

Also, who plans on Prestiging? (not a word, I know)

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mmmmmm is the game worth getting for single player/split screen co-op only?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alan
mmmmmm is the game worth getting for single player/split screen co-op only?

Nope.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With this combination you can run the entire map and stab someone from about 40 feet away before the get off a shot. The Commando Pro is probably the best perk in the game. Sure, stopping power is good, but being able to fall from 40 feet and have no damage is great.
Agreed. What else is worth using as Perk 3? Scrambler is actually counterproductive (it announces your presence), Steady Aim is only good at Pro level, and only for snipers. Ninja might be good in some instances, haven't unlocked it yet. I think the MW games are all about information. The best perks/killstreaks limit the information your enemy has (Cold Blooded, Counter-UAV) or provide you with info (UAV, Predator). The worst unintentionally provide information (Air Drop, Scrambler). Also, I just discovered how to unlock 8-bit Captain Price as an Emblem...awesommmme

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. What else is worth using as Perk 3? Scrambler is actually counterproductive (it announces your presence), Steady Aim is only good at Pro level, and only for snipers. Ninja might be good in some instances, haven't unlocked it yet.

I think the MW games are all about information. The best perks/killstreaks limit the information your enemy has (Cold Blooded, Counter-UAV) or provide you with info (UAV, Predator). The worst unintentionally provide information (Air Drop, Scrambler).

Also, I just discovered how to unlock 8-bit Captain Price as an Emblem...awesommmme

There are 22 pages of Titles and 8 pages of emblems. I assume you have to get every challenge and master every gun to get them all. It seems a real waste to then lose all that if you prestige.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are 22 pages of Titles and 8 pages of emblems. I assume you have to get every challenge and master every gun to get them all. It seems a real waste to then lose all that if you prestige.

You lose them all in prestige?

I can see them taking away your gun-related unlocks, but your titles and emblems too? Those are for bragging rights, no more.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You lose them all in prestige?

I can see them taking away your gun-related unlocks, but your titles and emblems too? Those are for bragging rights, no more.

I'm not gonna even chance it. I'm 1 semtex grenade stick away from Plastered III. I do like standing in front of the enemy's tactical insertion point and wacking them when the spawn.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads