• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of nice gloves...?

Quede

Reaction score
n2mxl1.jpg
Thanks to gshen, here is another CJ gloves, model is The Confidant. I ordered before 3 weeks and it's arrived today. They don't have the stock so it's made for the order. I wait for a week. I'm satisfied with the fitting(just send to them my hand circumference size 21cm) and quality. Total price is 39GBP.

MyHeartIsMyProphet

Reaction score
Although I was born and raised in Italy, I must thank SF (it rules!) once again for letting me discover Italian craftsmen.
I was actually going to order CJs, but now I can buy gloves in person here in Italy.
Which ones would you suggest among Cilento, Merola and Madova that could go for my requests (good choice of colours, also non conventional ones; various styles, e.g. dress, driving and fingerless; possibility of customizing, e.g. contrasting colour stitching)?
Also, if anyone knows, are there any price differences among the three?

Thanks and please excuse my poor English!

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One can achieve a nice patina on deerskin (and probably other hides too) by rubbing the glove against one's nose.

Shoe City Thinker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quede
n2mxl1.jpg

Thanks to gshen, here is another CJ gloves, model is The Confidant. I ordered before 3 weeks and it's arrived today. They don't have the stock so it's made for the order. I wait for a week. I'm satisfied with the fitting(just send to them my hand circumference size 21cm) and quality. Total price is 39GBP.

I love those. Are they lined or unlined? And what's the official CJ color name that you ordered?

Shoe City Thinker

Reaction score
One last thing. How good is the cashmere lining on those? How soft and durable? Can anybody speak to what the silk-lined ones and their fit?

Vox Populi

Reaction score
Here are my CJ's. I don't like the plastic button - might replace it with horn or Mother of Pearl.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads